Monday 29 August 2011

[FIC] Soulmates: Selene

Title: Soulmates: Selene
Characters: Eunhyuk, Jo Kwon, SJ, 2AM, OC
Rating: PG
Chaptercount: 4/22
Summary: One unexpected yet scheduled meeting brings with it the start of so much more.
A/N: The first story I wrote with Super Junior in it lol. I was a bit of a fan at that time and Hyukjae was the first member of Super Junior I knew. I gradually learned more about them as I wrote this story so if some things don't add up at all, don't blame me lol.

- - - - -

The next morning Selene was up before her alarm clock went off. She turned the thing off so it wouldn’t wake up Afreya and softly snuck to the bathroom to take a good shower before getting dressed. She took her time, because she had woken up way too early anyway, but in the end it was still only eight thirty when she was finished. After considering a while, she decided to just go to Leeteuk’s room already. If he didn’t respond on her knocking, she would find something else to do until nine o’ clock, if he did respond, then at least she wouldn’t have to be bored in her own room for half an hour longer. With that decision made, she tucked in her friend a little better and left.

When she arrived at Leeteuk’s room, she only doubted half a second before knocking. If he was still asleep, he would probably not even hear the knock, so there was no way she would be waking him up. It didn’t take long for footsteps to get closer to the door and moments later she stood eye to eye with a sloppy-looking Leeteuk who was still dressed in his pyjamas. She stared surprised into his sleepy eyes, wondering how it was possible that he had woken up by her knock? The moment he realized it was her, however, his bright smile appeared again and all the sleepiness seemed to disappear from his face.

“Hi! Good morning! Did you sleep well? Come in! Or do you want to go for breakfast? Oh, wait, no, I’m still wearing my pyjamas.. Come in!” he immediately blurted out faster than she thought anyone was able to speak so early in the morning. She took his invitation and slid passed him into the room.

“Did I wake you?” she asked, a little unsure.

“Of course not! How could I wake up from such a silent knock? I was doubting if I had heard right, but luckily I came to check because you had actually knocked!” he replied, leaving no trace of guilt in her. He obviously was not a bad morning person. On the contrary.

“Good morning.” she replied a little late to his very first greeting. “I was up already, so I thought I’d see if you were awake, because I didn’t feel like hanging around in my hotel room trying my best not to wake Afreya.”

“No problem.” Selene was sure that no one could smile brighter than he was doing. At least not at eight thirty in the morning. “I was up as well anyway and I was just about to decide what to do next. I would have had to choose between changing, washing or going for breakfast, but now you can make this difficult decision for me.” If he would bounce around the room, it would fit perfectly with his expression. The only thing reassuring her that he had actually slept and had only gotten up recently was his kind of raspy voice.

“How about you first wash, then change and meanwhile we’ll figure out how to surprise Hyukjae?” she suggested.

“Great idea. Let me find some good clothes and then I’ll quickly go wash and change.” Before she could say anything about that he had already left for his bag to get some clothes. Not that she had been wanting to protest, but still. It took him an amazing record of twenty seconds to drag some clothes out of the bag, after which he set off to the bathroom. “So tell me.” he said meanwhile, going on as he closed the bathroom door behind him so she knew she could just keep on conversing with him. “How do you think it would be best to surprise my dear friend and dongseng?”

“Well, I was thinking that it would be best if I go to his room and see if he’s up. If so, I’ll convince him to go have breakfast, which shouldn’t be too hard I think. Then I’ll say I have to go and find Afreya and I come get you. After that I’ll also quickly wake up Afreya, tell her to come have breakfast and then go to the breakfast hall with you to surprise Hyukjae. Then you have the whole day to spend together before you have to leave.”

“Have you thought about this all night or something? Did you even sleep?” his surprised words came from behind the closed door. She muffled a chuckle in her hands and tried to regain a serious voice before replying.

“Yes I did. I’m surprised you didn’t notice my tired looks. I was so worried about how we should surprise Hyukjae that I couldn’t sleep for the whole night. I have been thinking and thinking the whole night long, until I finally came up with this. That’s when I got out of bed to shower and put on lots of make-up, so my tiredness wouldn’t be visible.” she explained as honest as she could manage to sound. Only seconds after she finished, the bathroom door opened and Leeteuks head appeared, his hair still wet.

“Seriously?” he asked, giving her a totally shocked look. She burst out laughing, unable to keep on being serious upon seeing the look on his face and the messy wet hair.

“Of course not. I had a good night of sleep and came up with my suggestion on the spot.”

“Oh..” His face disappeared again so she assumed he went on washing and what not. After about fifteen more minutes, he came back out of the bathroom, dressed and well. Now he looked even more like how she thought someone with his hyperactive talking would look. It didn’t take long for him to have stuffed his pyjamas into his bag again. When he had, he turned to look at her.

“So now you go to Hyukkie’s room and you convince him to have breakfast.. How are you going to do that? He’s mostly not up for leaving his room this early in the morning.” he said. Selene simply smiled and shrugged.

“Well he asked me yesterday to have a drink with him before I go.. I’ll just tell him that you would need me the rest of the day and that this is the only time I can spend with him. Then I’ll follow him to whatever table he’s going to sit at, before leaving him to wake up Afreya. You might even go and stand on the third floor or something, so that you’re close by.” she then explained her idea.

“I’m going to really suspect you thought this over all night long. You’ve got it all worked out.” Leeteuk responded, making her smile yet again. He grinned back at her and she got up from the bed.

“So I guess I’ll go to Hyukjae’s room now and see if he’s awake.”

“He should be, when he gets to sleep long, he’s up very early most of the time and when he has to get up early, you can’t get him to wake up. He’s a little weird like that.” Leeteuk laughed and Selene felt herself giggle. She quickly turned the giggle into a normal laugh and luckily he didn’t hear it. It was quite unprofessional to be giggling because of such things. On the other hand, his own laugh was the most unprofessional thing she had ever heard. Yet it fit him.

“Okay. I’ll see you in ten minutes or something, then. Depends on how long it takes to get him to the breakfast room.” She walked to the door, being passed by Leeteuk who opened it for her.

“See you in ten minutes, yes.” he said as she left.

She walked through the hallway towards the elevator, not feeling like walking the stairs that early into the day. As if it was something she did every day, she found her way to Hyukjae’s room like it was nothing. When she knocked, she immediately heard his voice calling out in English that he ‘was coming.’ She couldn’t help smiling as the door opened merely moments later, making her stand eye to eye with Hyukjae.

“Good morning.” she said, still using the formal Korean. A smile broke through on his face upon recognizing her.

“Selene! Good morning. Did you sleep well? Come in!” he said happily.

“I actually don’t have that much time. That celebrity I’m supposed to guide today needs me for the whole day, but since I promised you I’d spend some time with you before going home, I thought maybe we could have breakfast together?” she politely declined his invitation. The smile didn’t leave his face. He nodded a little, before turning away and walking into the room.

“I’d like to have breakfast with you. Let me get a sweater and then I’ll come along.” he said meanwhile, disappearing out of sight. He almost immediately came back, closing the door behind him and then looking at her expectantly. What had Leeteuk said? Not easy to get out of his room this early in the morning? She didn’t really notice any of that. “Let’s go?” he asked. She nodded and they set off to the breakfast room. Once he sat down at a table, she did so too, but froze halfway.

“Dang, I forgot. I should quickly go and wake up Afreya so that she can help you the rest of the day if you should need her. It’s time for her to get up anyway. Do you mind if I go quickly? I’ll be back in no time.” she said, showing the best guilty expression she could manage.

“Yah, sure, go ahead.” he replied. She got up and left again, making her way over to her own room as fast as she could. She entered it, only to find that Afreya was in the bathroom.

“Afreya?” she called out. The answer came after a few seconds.

“Yes?”

“We’re having breakfast with Hyukjae and Jung Soo. Just come over when you’re done showering, ok?” She waited a little for the ‘ok’ in reply, before leaving the room again. There was no need to wait any longer, Afreya would come when she was finished. When Selene walked into the hallway again, Leeteuk just came out of the elevator. He walked towards her, obviously surprised to see her.

“Did you get him to have breakfast with you already?” he asked. She nodded.

“I don’t know what you were saying about hard to make him get out of his room this early, the moment I asked him to have breakfast with me, he agreed and came out.”

“Really?” Leeteuk seemed genuinely surprised.

“Yah. Let’s go. I’ll walk to him first and while I sit down and his attention is on me, you approach him too from behind and surprise him in some way.”

“Good idea.”

They walked back into the elevator, making their way downstairs once again. When they arrived there, she walked into the breakfast hall first, sitting down across from Hyukjae. He smiled at her.

“She was up already, busy showering. I told her to come here when she finished. You don’t mind, right?” she explained. He shook his head, smiling at her. Behind him, she saw Leeteuk approaching. She managed to keep looking at Hyukjae without even glancing at his friend. “So what do you want to eat?” she asked him, softly pushing the menu towards him. He took it, looking through the names on the paper. That’s when Leeteuk reached him. He read along over his friend’s shoulder for a while, before saying something.

“Can you actually read this, Hyukkie, or are you just playing smart?” Hyukjae jumped up in his chair, turning around to look at the unexpected speaker and then getting up on his feet.

“Leeteuk!” he exclaimed, immediately hugging his friend, obviously glad to see him. Selene could only smile watching this proof of their friendship. They had a very fast conversation that she could barely follow, but the subject probably was why Leeteuk was in Germany. They hugged twice more, before Hyukjae finally turned back to Selene. “Selene, this is..” he started, but Leeteuk interrupted him.

“We know each other already. I’m the celebrity who she has to spend the rest of the day with.” he said, smiling brightly. Hyukjae looked from his hyung at Selene and back.

“Seriously?” he asked, suddenly starting to look around him. “Is this yet another hidden camera thing?” Selene couldn’t help it, but she burst out laughing because of the total randomness of his question. Who came up with the idea of a hidden camera in the first moments after discovering two people knew each other already? When Hyukjae seemed to realize it wasn’t a camera joke, he turned to look at Leeteuk again.

“What are you doing here?” he asked. The first normal question to ask in a situation like this. “I thought your schedule was filled?”

“Yeah, it was. But then my appointment for today was cancelled because the CF acting stuff is not getting through, so I decided to cancel everything else on my schedule as well and visit you for a day. I know how lonely you get those first days, so I came to spend some time with my little brother.” Leeteuk sat down next to her while talking, but she kept looking at Hyukjae to see his reactions. He seemed genuinely happy to see his friend and not at all insulted because they had kind of tricked him.

“I’m so glad to see you, Teukie.” he said, when his friend finished talking. He turned to look at her, and upon noticing her stare, smiled a little. “But why are you sitting so far away from me? In fact, why am I sitting all by myself?” he continued, looking back at Leeteuk. At that moment, she saw Afreya entering the breakfast hall.

“Because it’s easier to talk sitting across from each other and Afreya will sit next to you in a moment.” she therefore replied to his question. He turned to see what she was looking at and noticed Afreya as well. The girl walked up to their table, smiled in automatism as she sat down and mumbled a Korean ‘good morning.’ The boys replied in unison, but Afreya hardly looked up at them. Selene gave her friend, who looked awake but unhealthy, a worried look, yet remained silent.

“Shall we grab something to eat?” Leeteuk asked. Everyone agreed and they got up to grab their plates and look over the available food. Selene stayed behind a little with Afreya to ask her friend about her looks.

“Afreya-chan, are you alright?” she asked in Japanese.

“I don’t feel so well, but I’ll manage.” was the reply. Selene looked how her friend tried a brave smile to prove she was alright enough to be up.

“If you say so.. You should introduce yourself to Jung Soo, he’s quite nice.”

“Maybe I should, yes..”

Afreya walked on, trying to catch up with Jung Soo. When they grabbed their plates, she lined up next to him.

“Hey.” she started. “I don’t think we got introduced properly. My name is Afreya.” He turned to look at her and she froze upon seeing his smile. His face was so perfect. His eyes had a bright gaze and his smile was dazzling. She would have to kick Selene’s butt later on for deceiving her with all that Jung Soo-talk. This was Leeteuk in person standing next to her. How come she wasn’t freaking? As a matter of fact, she wasn’t feeling much at all.. That’s when her legs gave out on her and she collapsed.

All she could think of while falling was ‘Hold on to the plate. Don’t break the plate. Don’t break it.’ Instead of hitting the hard ground like she had expected, two strong hands caught her and she was lifted back up on her feet. Immediately the surprised and worried face of Leeteuk came in sight. He had put his plate aside to help her, but apparently wasn’t needed much. A little confused she turned to look at the person who caught her. It turned out to be a cute German guy. She quickly thanked him in German, reassuring him that she could stand on her own again. When he finally seemed convinced, he turned away again to grab a plate like he initially planned on doing.

“Afreya-chan, are you alright?” Selene immediately asked the moment she had finished talking to the guy. Afreya noticed her friend was talking Japanese, probably out of her shock. “What happened?”

“I just feel a little weak. I guess I should eat some sugary stuff.” she replied trying to reassure her friend everything was alright by smiling brightly. When turning back to the lots of food and all, she was faced with Leeteuk again. Without being able to help it, she immediately noticed how he was all the more pretty in real than on pictures.

“Do you want to go back to your room?” Eunhyuk asked her in Korean, his face popping up from behind Leeteuk’s shoulder. They both still looked as worried as before. They probably hadn’t understood her conversation with Selene.

“I’m fine. I just need to eat something.” she replied, using English like always.

“Ok, but let me carry your plate.” Eunhyuk said.

“And stay close to me in case you fall again.” Leeteuk added.

“Shouldn’t you at least sit down?” Selene meddled in the conversation again.

“Yes, maybe you should just tell us what you want to eat and we’ll bring it to you.” Leeteuk agreed with Selene. Afreya couldn’t help laughing.

“I don’t know yet what I want to eat, I have to look at all this food at least once. If I’d known everyone would all be so kind to me, I would have collapsed sooner.” she said jokingly. “But I do think it’s better for someone else to carry my plate, I don’t want to break it if I should stumble again.” Her little attempt at a joke and her relaxed smile seemed to make them less anxious as well.

“Ok, I’ll carry your plate for you then.” Leeteuk gently took the plate out of her hands, making her feel a little flustered, and they all continued walking past all the tasty-looking food, deciding on what to eat for breakfast.

The rest of the morning passed without further problems. After eating, Afreya immediately felt better and she also got some more colour on her face. They spent the time mostly talking, again Leeteuk was the most talkative one although Afreya seemed to want to compete with him, as she was taking actively part in the conversation. Hyukjae and Selene mostly just listened, adding their thoughts here and there but never really bringing up a new subject or something like that.

When breakfast was done, they all went to their rooms to grab their stuff and then set off to a nearby water park. It was a great start of Hyukjae’s vacation and a great time spent for the girls and Leeteuk. They went in all the attractions, having lots of fun with even the children’s slow rides and simply swimming around in the normal pool. The boys were always together, often being very close and hugging each other all the time, something the girls thought very cute. Yet sometimes it looked a little like they were actually in love. Especially because they were wearing only swimming pants. Two boys in boxer shorts hugging each other all the time..

By the end of their time together in the water park, they were all much more comfortable with one another and even Afreya treated the two young men like humans instead of freaking out over every little thing they did like her fan-self would normally do. When they went home to the hotel, they took a taxi, which also brought a lot of funny moments with it.

Once arrived at their destination, however, it was time to start thinking about goodbye. The girls had to pack their bags again and Leeteuk just had to grab his unpacked one. They didn’t have much time left before leaving to the airport, but as Hyukjae came along to wave his hyung and his newfound friends goodbye, that bought them a little more time. Leeteuk was on the same plane as them, even having the seat right next to them, so they didn’t have to say goodbye to him just yet. The plane would land in Korea, where Leeteuk would have a car waiting to bring him home and the girls would have to take a follow-up plane to Japan.

Even though still keeping her strict business-like attitude, Selene felt it was more difficult to say goodbye to these two young men than it had been with others, because they had spent a great time together. She tried to look as untouched as possible, but of course Hyukjae looked right through her masquerade and started his goodbye-saying with “I had a great time as well. I’ll miss you girls.” When she smiled a little in response, he just talked on, grinning a little. “Next time we need a good interpreter, I’ll make them hire you two, that way we can meet up again once.” She nodded her agreement even though he was just kidding and secretly hoped he would actually do it. Being hired a second time by the same people meant that they were satisfied about your work, which obviously was a great compliment as well as it was good business.

“Do you want to exchange numbers?” Hyukjae suddenly said, bringing the question into their conversation out of nowhere. A little surprised, but not unwilling, she got her phone out of her pocket. When she gave it to him, he pressed his phone in her hand. She admired the shiny, new-looking model first before actually saving her number into his phone under ‘Selene Miyake’. When she gave it back to him he chuckled.

“It’s not like I know any other Selene’s, but ok.” he said, still grinning. She shrugged.

“You never know. Maybe you go to England on vacation next time and there you might meet a lot of Selene’s. I’m just making sure you remember exactly who I am.” she replied, smiling.

“Oh, then you should have put ‘boring, business-focused interpreter’ instead of your name.” he said with a teasing voice, immediately turning to the other two and walking away as if he had said nothing. She couldn’t stop herself from sticking out her tongue at his back, thereby making Leeteuk burst out in hysterical laughing, which earned him a strange look from both Afreya and Hyukjae.

When Leeteuk had calmed down, there was some polite goodbye-saying and the two young men hugged once more, before the three really had to set off to board their plane. The flight passed without much happening. Once in Korea they said goodbye to Leeteuk, who hugged them without any second thoughts. They exchanged numbers as well, before each going their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment