Monday 29 August 2011

[FIC] Minor Mistake

Title: Minor Mistake
Characters: Sungmin, OC
Rating: PG
Wordcount: 1.430
Summary: The morning after brings a surprise
A/N: Same as before. A fic translated to English because of the loved plot. Comments are always appreciated, they make the life of a writer a little brighter. ^^

- - - - -

“Don’t don, modeun gae don saesang, weon anae gadhin neo, what is your mind..”

Annoyed, I turn to hit my alarm clock so that it stops making so much noise. Aish. Really not the best way ever to start my day. Especially not the morning after such an amazing night.

I turn my body so that I end up on my other side and thereby look right into the face with the soft features and the two eyes that fascinated me so much yesterday. One of the biggest reasons the owner of the eyes is now lying next to me. He is, however, still asleep at this very moment.

To be honest, I don’t remember much from last night. I was quite drunk. If I could take the liberty of calling 10 shared bottles of Soju ‘quite.’ I do remember that the guy in front of me has an ex-girlfriend whom he has broken up with about a month ago. I’m the first person he 'dated' since then, but I’m not really sure yet if I’m just a one-night-stand. With a bit of luck this might become a two-nights-stand -I don’t care if that word exists or not-, because he was great. And then I don’t mean great, but great.

I have sadly forgotten the name of the guy, though, but I’ll find it out again somehow. I’ll use my subtle finding-out-names-tactic when he wakes up. Until I remember it, however, I should give him a nickname. Let’s see what fits him.. Stuffy! That sounds about right.. From now on I’ll officially call him Stuffy.

I pull up the corners of my mouth into a lazy smile when Stuffy opens his eyes. Yep, that nickname really suits him. Almost immediately my smile is returned as he flashes his advertisement-like white teeth at me. Wonderful! He doesn’t even suffer from some kind of morning mood! I should try to keep this one.

“Have you been up long?” he asks, letting his eyes wander around the room shortly. I shake my head.

“I woke up just now. My alarm clock went off. It was playing Super Junior. Like my day can’t start any worse. Really terrible to wake up with Super Junior on the background.” I complain childishly, the remembrance of the song making my mood sink below zero degrees again. As I think about it, I realize I have already forgotten the reason why I turned on my alarm clock to begin with.

“What do you dislike so much about Super Junior?” Stuffy asks, with an amused smile on his face. I look him in the eyes shortly, before I get up a little. I take a deep breath as I prepare for a huge lecture about the idols.

“Ah, oppa, have you seen that band?” I start my complaining. Well, he asked about it and once I start about those idiots, I never stop.

“Let’s start with that Heechul. Or even better, let’s start with his HAIR. First of all, who is stupid enough to dye his hair blonde and then have it curled? Of course you look like a girl then, even a baby knows that! Is he retarded or something? And then that Shindong’s haircut. Seriously.. If he would just cut it short, but no! He just had to dig up my grandmother’s poodle which has been dead for two years and put it on his head. And that’s just his hair. No offence, but when you dance so much on stage, one would think you’d actually lose some weight or something!”

After having almost spit out those words, I let a short silence fill the room to give Stuffy the time to process everything I have just told him. Meanwhile, I sit up completely and look around the room a moment. Unashamed I get out of the bed -leaving the cover of the blanket behind me- to pull a clean slip from my wardrobe and put it on. After that mission is complete, the search for a bra starts as I continue my lecture.

“And then there’s that Eunhyuk something. I mean.. Seriously.. Does he want to look like an idiot or can’t he help being one?” I viciously shake my head as I say those words. “His terrible gummy-smile is also very much of a no-go. Maybe his face on its own was nice, but once he starts smiling I’d rather hide under my bed than look at him one moment longer.” I sigh. “And have you seen their clothes? Because, really, when I saw them I was convinced they had gone to my grandmother’s house and stole her curtains to make thirteen pairs of pants out of them.”

Right.. I am apparently obsessed with my grandmother today. Well, can I help it that those Super Junior idiots look like my grandmother’s belongings half of the time?

Meanwhile I have also found my bra and put it on. The search for clothes continues, but now I try to find a T-shirt and a pair of jeans. The ones I wore yesterday will be fine, I decide, since I have only worn them one day. As I pick up the forgotten jeans and T-shirt, I simultaneously try to put on both, using one hand for each of the clothing articles. Miraculously I actually succeed in this attempt of very unique dressing.

Every time I encountered one of Stuffy’s clothes on my search for my own clothes, I carefully folded it and put it on my desk chair, so that he would be able to dress up later without any problems. Yet with every move I made, I had felt Stuffy’s eyes following me around.

Now that I’m fully dressed, I decide to sit on the edge of the bed and look at him once more. He smiles, making his brown eyes sparkle happily. I unconsciously lean closer to him and as a reward get a kiss from him. Wow. Simply superb. I really should try to keep this one, one way or another. With someone like this I wouldn’t mind spending the rest of my life.

After my outburst about a few of the Super Junior members, however, I feel like having a drink first, before I continue with the rest of the band. Therefore, I get up and walk towards the tiny kitchen of my just as tiny apartment. It’s an open kitchen that is in the same room my bed is in. It’s kind of useful on moments like this one, but it’s also a little annoying that my back’s facing the bed when I’m busy at the sink.

“They’re so incredibly childish as well. If not for the fact that they do manage to make a good song here and there, I really wouldn’t want to hear a word about them. At least there’s this one cute guy in the band called Sungmin. Still someone decent in the midst of all those idiots to raise their intellectual level.” I conclude my previous lecture. I have only seen that Sungmin guy on a picture once a very long time ago, but anyway..

Because of Stuffy’s good mood and his kiss I have lost my will to complain to him about that silly band. He doesn’t deserve it. So I grab a glass from the cupboard and pull the bottle of orange juice from the fridge to pour myself some juice. It’s only when I’m already moving back towards the fridge to put the bottle of orange juice back that I remember my guest and realize that I am being very rude.

“Do you want to drink something as well, Stuffy?” I therefore ask, looking back for just a moment at the young man who’s still sitting on my bed with a relaxed composure, his eyes not leaving me for a second. The amused smile still plays at the corners of his mouth.

“My name is Lee..” he starts saying, but I interrupt him without really listening to what he says.

“Of course, I know what your name is. I just like to call you Stuffy. It suits you.” I continue to open the fridge and put back the bottle of orange juice, hoping it doesn’t show that I have actually indeed forgotten his name.

Stuffy however, continues without being bothered by my words. “..Sungmin. Lee Sungmin.”

My glass of orange juice almost slips out of my fingers as I turn around in shock to look at a brightly smiling Sungmin, saying the only word that comes up in my mind at this very moment.

“Shit.”

1 comment:

  1. You could definitely see your expertise within the article you write.
    The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
    Always go after your heart.

    my web site :: cheapest health insurance quotes

    ReplyDelete