Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] Memories

Title: Memories
Characters: Super Junior
Rating: R
Chaptercount: 13/26
Summary: Fifteen people try to find the memories they forgot - or maybe they're just looking for each other.
A/N: A fic written on a hunch. One day I thought; "Super Junior. And vampires. This calls for a fic!" and well.. Here we are? Memories is one of the stories that I'm proud of, despite its sometimes messy storyline. It's also a story that won't be fully understood until you've read it completely. Things will be very confusing as you read, but will also get explained in future chapters. Be warned.

- - - -

Youngwoon kept looking at Donghae intently, ready to pull him away if something seemed to go wrong. But the other vampire was totally relaxed, aside from the disgusted growls that escaped him every now and then. It was no secret that vampires tasted bad to each other, though, so the sounds didn’t faze him that much. When Donghae straightened up moments later, his lips tinted slightly red from the blood, he seemed overwhelmed by something. Youngwoon was fast to take hold of his wrist, but the younger seemed to be fine. It did take a minute before he finally turned to look at Youngwoon, though, but when he did, his eyes seemed to really see for the first time.

“Hyung…”Donghae then said, the word not much more than a breath. “It’s true. He’s talking the truth. I don’t know how, but all these memories…” Suddenly he started laughing, a sound so clear and careless that it didn’t seem to fit in the current atmosphere. Even the small vampire holding Kyuhyun down looked up in surprise at that. Kyuhyun took his chance then, toppling the other over with a well-aimed kick and shooting from underneath him, immediately hiding behind Jongwoon who looked like the only sane one of the three.

“Ryeowook stop.” Donghae said, a grin still evident on his face. The small vampire stopped in the middle of going after Kyuhyun, head turning to look at Donghae, hatred in his eyes. Youngwoon rolled his eyes, softly pulling his friend’s arm.

“What’s going on? What are you laughing about?” he asked, frowning. To that, Donghae merely laughed again, before composing himself.

“Hyung. Imagine! You used to sing!” he said, obviously amused. “And dance! Like this!” And in the middle of that hotel room where it was everyone against everyone, Youngwoon watched his friend do a silly dance that involved knees and elbows. He stared, unable to believe that was really happening, until Donghae stopped and looked up at him, grinning. “Can you believe it?”

In a matter of seconds, Youngwoon had both Kyuhyun and Jongwoon in a headlock, a snarl escaping from his lips. “What did you do to my friend?” he asked the eldest who seemed to know everything about everything. But Donghae was there in an instant, putting a calming hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to let go.

“Hyung, it’s okay. They didn’t do anything to me. I wish you would remember too. Isn’t there a way to make him remember?” he spoke then, turning to look at Jongwoon with the last sentence. The vampire shrugged, apparently not caring at all that he was held in a deadly grip by the other, stronger and angry vampire.

“Not that I know of. The only thing I know is having them drink my blood so they get my memories.” he said softly, to which Kyuhyun added: “And after a while you’ll find that you’re slowly recovering your own memories as you go. I’ve gotten almost all my own memories back by now. Don’t you remember how you were changed, Hae? That was the first thing I remembered.” The words made Donghae still, seemingly searching his mind, and suddenly a shiver ran through him.

“Oh damn, now I do.” he cursed. “That’s not something nice to remember, ugh.” He shook his head and then patted Youngwoon’s back. “Let go of them, hyung. They’re not going to harm us.” He showed such a trustful smile with those words that Youngwoon couldn’t do anything but nod and actually let go of the other two. They both straightened up again, rubbing their assaulted necks.

“There should be another way to remember.” Donghae meanwhile continued. “Somehow we lost these memories, but not forever. Maybe someo-” He suddenly stopped talking, his eyes having found the last person in the room, who was still glaring at him with eyes filled with hatred. “Ryeowook.” He said, his smile light even though his voice was commanding. “Remember what you forgot until now.”

For a moment, nothing seemed to happen, but then the small vampire suddenly sank to the ground like a bag of potatoes, unconscious.

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

“Interesting.” Donghee muttered, smile present on his face. “And how exactly do you think I can help you?” Even though he had pretty much made his decision already, he still wanted to know how she planned on convincing him.

“I’m not sure.” the reply came, the woman’s voice indeed sounding a little less sure than before. “All I know is that there will be people trying to prevent us from finding out the truth, no matter how secretive we are about this. We will need all the help we can get, really. There’s a lot of strings I can pull, but there’s even more I can’t. And your knowledge of what currently goes on in the real world could be useful.” She seemed to want to say more, but he picked up Hangeng’s voice in the background, talking in a language he didn’t understand.

“Shindong-ah.” the man’s voice sounded through the speaker after some rustling and the passing of the phone. “You don’t remember me, but I do remember you. We used to be friends, even. And with the way things are going right now, I can’t just leave you to live alone. I don’t know who will come after us, but if they find you, they’ll either capture you or kill you. I’d really like you to come with us, that way I can at least look over you a little bit.”

Donghee snorted, before asking a question that had totally nothing to do with anything. “Why are you all calling me Shindong, though?” There was a silence on the other side, as if they were momentarily stunned by the sudden change of subject, but then Hangeng answered again.

“Because that’s what I’m used to calling you. If you don’t like it I can try to call you Donghee too.” he explained. Shindong rolled his eyes, but didn’t let that annoyed feeling be audible in his voice as he replied.

“I know that’s what they used to call me. I mean why did they name me that instead of Donghee?” His voice was still rather cold, but he figured they wouldn’t be too surprised by that.

“Oh.. Well, because there’s also Donghae and your names were too alike, so they started calling you Shindong.” Hangeng replied, sounding taken aback. “At least that’s what Heechul told me when I first met you. Why are you asking this?”

“Just making sure that you know your facts. So what time do you need me to be where?” he easily countered, smiling slightly. “The sun has risen so I can only be out by tonight, though.” Again there was silence on the other side.

“If you allow us to,” Liyin then spoke up again, her Korean sounding almost flawless. “We could come to your place and see if we can find something to cover you with. As long as the sun doesn’t touch your skin, you should be fine.”

Shindong considered the offer for a moment, going over the possible downsides of letting them come to his place. In the end, he didn’t really come up with any that made sense, so he passed his address on to them. The woman told him they’d be there in five, so he quickly got out of his bed again and put on some clothes. Five minutes later they indeed knocked on his door and he went to open up for them.

It was strange, having two strangers invade his apartment like that, since he had never had anyone over for as long as he could remember. Being a vampire didn’t exactly make you very trusting towards others. Especially the whole ‘let you inside my house’ thing didn’t really sound like a good idea to him. But since he was leaving with these two anyway, he figured it wasn’t that big of a risk to let them in.

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

“So… Where are we going?” the elder of the two asked, rolling his shoulders to release some of the pain he felt there. His black hair was being blown around by the breeze, but his red eyes kept spying their surroundings.

“I’m not sure. Just…somewhere?” the other replied, shrugging. “I really think there’s something around here that could lead me to why I have become like this.”

“Can’t you be more specific? I’ve been following you around for weeks now. I’d like to know just where the hell you’re taking me.” Sungmin exploded, clenching his fists next to his body. It was obvious that he was trying his best not to pounce onto the other and tear him to pieces. Not that he could’ve, as Henry’s order to not harm him was still ringing in the back of his mind from the last time he tried to attack him. Henry merely smiled at him.

“I’ve told you before, Sungmin, you’re free to go your own way if you want.” he said calmly. “No need to stalk me anymore. You showed me the city and now I’m fine finding my own way through the country. No one ever ordered you to stay with me yet you keep following. Should I order you to stay away?”

At those words, Sungmin’s tense muscles seemed to relax a little and he sighed. “I just can’t help it, Henry. Something’s putting me on edge. I feel like I should stay with you so that I can protect you. It doesn’t help that you’re as weak as a vampire can get. I don’t even know how you managed to fuck yourself up this much.”

Henry snorted at that, but his smile was genuine. After travelling around with Sungmin for a few weeks, the other had finally convinced him that he should at least feed once every month to regain some of his strength. So they had gone on a hunt together, finding some beggars and junkies in the big city. It had only taken one sip of blood for Henry to almost throw the human aside, moving away from the poor soul and almost choking on his own coughs.

After two more tries in the following week, they had both come to the conclusion that Henry was a vampire that simply … wasn’t able to feed off human blood. Sungmin had been constantly commenting on how ridiculous that was and what kind of a silly vampire the other made. The theory they had ended up with after thorough thinking was that Henry had done it to himself by not drinking any blood for well over ten years. His body had gotten used to living without it now and any intake of it would probably kill him. Surprisingly, feeding from a vampire did work, but that was so disgusting that Henry had decided he’d rather stay weak.

“You know I’m thankful for your care, hyung.” Henry teasingly commented, making Sungmin huff and roll his eyes, but they were both smiling. After travelling around together for so long and taking each other’s small sides into account, it was hard not to become friends after all. They walked a little more, finding their way through the night without problems, until something suddenly changed in their surroundings. They didn’t get long to figure out what, as a voice sounded up moments later.

“Henry, my pet. How nice of you to visit me.”

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

In a blink, Sang Mi had emptied the contents of the syringe in Siwon’s leg, making him cry out in pain. Hyukjae stared at it in shock, but before he could really come between the two, Siwon suddenly flew up from the bed pushing him aside and going straight for Sang Mi. With a low growl, the tall vampire closed his fingers around her neck. The woman had no way to protest when Siwon slammed her against the wall. He had his fangs bared, eyes threateningly close to hers and she was obviously scared. Even though part of him wanted to help her, Hyukjae found that another part of him sided with Siwon more.

“Siwon, let go of her.” he said calmly, and with another growl, the tall vampire actually listened, backing off and pulling the syringe out of his leg. He crushed it in his hand and threw it aside, but what the contents of it had done to him was still unsure.

Hyukjae immediately took a spot in between the two people, his eyes on Sang Mi, his back to Siwon, not once thinking about how the tall vampire could kill him in a blink. “I’m giving you a chance to get out of here before I let the sun in, Sang Mi.” he growled, eyes fixed on her face. “I’m sad it ends like this but I can’t keep a friendly relationship anymore now that you made the wrong decision an became the bad side.”

“Hyukkie? What are you talking about? You know me! I would never…” she protested, a surprised look in her eyes, but he interrupted her without care.

“Turn into a bad vampire? Yeah, I thought that too. Guess I was wrong.” he grumped. “Time’s up, chance is gone.” With a quick move, he tore the curtains aside, watching how the sun immediately fell on Sang Mi’s dangerous features. With a cry, she jumped aside, moving into the shadows. The skin of her hands and face was smouldering, her eyes going wide when she saw it herself.

“I… How did I?” Her eyes went from her hands to Hyukjae to then stop at Siwon, the questions evident on her face. Siwon merely shrugged.

“The daywalker changed you. We couldn’t afford him to be your sire, so we were going to eliminate him, but you had to run off with the syringe and stick it in my leg. So now your sire is a hateful daywalker with a deep hatred for the facility.” he calmly stated. “Have fun with that.” His smile was as cold as the look in his eyes, his fingers running over his arms. It was obvious he was not going to forgive her for attacking him.

Sang Mi’s eyes went to Hyukjae. “Hyukkie..?” she started slightly hopeless, but he snarled at her which effectively shut her up. She stared at him with wide eyes, not used to the hostility that practically radiated off of him.

“Get out.” he told her. “Get out of here and leave. I don’t care what you do, just go.” His expression was colder than she had ever seen, making her listen to him all the more. It didn’t take her five seconds to reach the door, open it and escape the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment