Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] It's Complicated

Title: It's Complicated
Characters: Kibum, OC, SJ
Rating: PG
Chaptercount: 28/36
Summary: Soojin meets a guy who turns her world upside down but then there's a few dozen others as well.
A/N: This is one of my most beloved novels (not that I wrote THAT many, but still) and I think I will forever cherish the characters in this. This story also helped me shape my view on the different members and is the first of few stories in which I used first person.

- - - - -

Before I did so, however, Heechul told me all about his plans for Kyuhyun and Namin, as we killed off some other people on The Last Call. The plan he had come up with consisted of me somehow dragging Namin to an empty classroom and him dumping Kyuhyun there as well, after which he would lock the door. It was a typical Heechul plan and as we brought it into actions the next day, it worked out fine, just like anything else he put himself to would work out fine - one way or another.

After that sweet event - which ended in Namin and Kyuhyun both going for Heechul’s throat once he let them out - life continued again without much exciting events happening. It was strange at first, suddenly dating Kibum, but I soon got used to it. It became normal fast for me to spend time after school with him, often walking around in the park or sitting outside in the garden of Henry’s pancake house. Apart from Yumiko and Zhou Mi, the younger boy now also knew about our relationship, but he had very solemnly promised to keep it a secret.

The time I spent with Kibum was always nice and I felt like I fell more in love with him with every passing day. It was on one of our evenings sitting in the Chinese garden, about a week after our second kiss, that he officially asked me to be his girlfriend. It was nothing big, merely him wanting to ask me, even though we were together already despite the not calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend thing. I of course gladly agreed to that and we sealed the whole thing with another kiss, something I had gotten very used to in the time spent with him. He did not like holding hands in public, but he had no problem with kissing, apparently.

Even though many times I was to be found in his company, he did not occupy all of my time, telling me to still go out with my other friends, because I couldn’t just drop them. So during school days, I spent time with whoever was free, on Friday’s I still went out with Jungsoo, Jongwoon, Haerin, Eunhee and Kibum - albeit without showing any ‘unusual’ affection towards the latter - and on Saturdays I played basket and sometimes went out with Heechul and Hangeng’s group. All the rest of my time WAS spent on Kibum, however.

I also got to know the soccer group a lot better thanks to hanging out with them and Yumiko during school hours, which mostly brought a lot of laughter with it. Much soccer didn’t really happen anymore for me as I had decided that basket was really more my thing, but watching them practice never got boring and I found it surprisingly hard to stay away from Donghae the group.

I managed to live in peace like that, feeling complete and utter happiness, for about two weeks after officially becoming Kibum’s girlfriend. In the meantime, he had moved out -having been helped by Jongwoon, Jungsoo, Haerin, Eun Hee, Henry, Zhou Mi and me-, had gotten himself a part-time job in the garage of Jongwoon’s father, my new neighbours moved in -a couple with a daughter from around my age- and we had managed to keep our relationship hidden. Not that we had a hard time doing the last thing; it was rather easy to not be as clingy in public and apparently lots of our friends were rather dense. But we couldn’t hide it forever, so I decided it was time to start with telling Heechul and Hangeng about Kibum and me.

I took my chance on one of those Saturdays that I went out playing basketball with his group. Heechul had once again come to pick me up, although I kept repeating that I could really drive myself if it was needed. He seemed to choose to ignore my protests and kept showing up at my door, making my mother swoon slightly every time again. I think he secretly just liked her reaction and only therefore kept driving me home, but okay, that didn’t really matter.. As I was sitting in the backseat of the car, next to Hangeng, staring intently at the seat in front of me as to not have to look at either of them, I started talking.

“I need to tell you both something.” I announced, my voice sounding rather nervous. They seemed to catch on to that as well, since Hangeng turned to give me a questioning look whereas Heechul looked at me through the rear-view mirror. I took another deep breath and then looked up at the latter. “Kibum is my boyfriend.”

Heechul nearly drove into a street light when I said the words, but he luckily managed to somehow make it look like an aggressive way of parking at the side of the road. He then turned off the motor and turned around in his seat to look at me. Hangeng was just as surprised, but he reacted a little less heavy, simply staring at me, face frozen in the same questioning expression from before that was now also mixed with a little bit of astonishment. I felt my cheeks flush a bright red under their gazes, but waited for one of them to respond. I didn’t need to wait long, luckily.

“Since when?” Heechul asked surprised, causing me to blush more.

“Some two weeks.” I mumbled. “It took some time to get together.” Heechul nodded to this and smiled one of his Heechul smiles at me.

“Well don’t get your hopes up. He’ll get sick of you sooner or later.” he then told me happily. I smiled lightly, knowing that in Heechul-language, those words meant that he was happy for me. After saying them, he turned back to the front and started the car again, driving away like nothing had happened. It was then that Hangeng ‘regained consciousness.’

“Kibum is your boyfriend, huh?” he asked, making me nod slightly. “How did that happen?” I sighed and shrugged.

“It just..did, I guess?” I mumbled, before resting my head against the window. “One day we went out to the park, he kissed me and the rest is history.” There was a short silence behind me, before I was suddenly pulled into an unexpected hug from behind.

“That’s great!” Hangeng then cheered. “Wait until Heeyoung noona hears this! She will be thrilled! And then there’s the girls and Sh-”

“Hannie.. I’d rather you not tell anyone yet. Kibum was going to tell his friends first as well, I wouldn’t want them to find out from a second hand source.” I interrupted him, smiling apologetically.

“Oh.. Oh well.. I’ll just celebrate in secret then. But you at least have to go out with us tonight so you can celebrate along, even if we don’t let the others know!” the almost hyperactive young man piped, not losing the least bit of his enthusiasm. I grinned.

“Ah, Hannie, you really don’t know how to bargain, do you?” Heechul intruded the conversation. “You have to say; ‘Come celebrate with us or else we will tell the others.’” I looked up at him through the rearview mirror, frowning.

“That’s not bargaining, that’s blackmailing!” I protested, mocking a shocked expression. Heechul grinned back at me in the mirror.

“Does it matter? If I told you like this, you’d come for sure, right? That’s all that matters.” he replied, and I could only stare, because he was indeed right. He sent me a smug smile and then turned onto the sport complex’s parking lot. The moment the both of us got out of the car, I went over to him and gave him a smack on his head. “Ouch! What was that for!?” he protested, but I merely turned around and walked towards the entrance.

My confession wasn’t mentioned anymore in the next hours, which was kind of nice because it meant basket went by without trouble. The night out also passed nicely, albeit with lots of alcohol - mainly consumed by the others, but some of it taken in by me as well - and it wasn’t until we were making our way over to the cars that many realised they were not sober enough anymore to drive. Tae Woo agreed to bring Namin, Kyuhyun and Shindong home, so I told the others I would give them a ride home in Heechul’s car.

After dropping Mi Cha off at her home and letting Minji out of the car in a street close to her house - she’d rather not have her parents see her given a ride home - I brought the two brothers home at last. They both told me of their sister sleeping over at Jongwoon’s and how I was welcome to sleep over at their place. Seeing how Heechul managed to trip over the neighbour’s plants on his way to his own front door and Hangeng needed several tries to get the key in the lock, I figured staying over might be the safest thing to do.

So I shortly texted my mom and then followed the Chinese brothers inside and up the stairs, watching how they each disappeared into their own room. I thought about it for a moment, concluding that Hangeng would be able to take care of himself best, and therefore decided to follow Heechul into his room first, to make sure he wouldn’t end up walking into his window or whatever weird things Heechul did when he was drunk.

The moment I entered, I saw an already halfway undressed Heechul trying to unbutton his pants. I quickly rushed to his side and put my hand on his arm, keeping him from pulling said piece of clothing down. He looked up at me with a surprised look on his face, but immediately broke into one of those drunk smiles the moment he recognised me. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me against his bare chest in a completely unexpected hug.

“Heechul..” I managed to choke out, causing him to let go of me again and look at me questioningly. His eyes were sparkling with joy.

“Snipe!” he told me happily, ruffling my hair and grinning widely. I was too shocked by all his touchiness and happiness to remember what I planned on saying. We stood there, looking at each other for a while, until he decided I wasn’t going to talk and hugged me again. I let out a strangled sound of protest, quickly struggling out of his grip again. I patted his shoulder, trying my best to stay out of his grabbing hands’ reach.

“Chullie, I will go get a sleeping bag and sleep on your couch here, okay? In case you wake up sick tonight or something, I will be close then.” I told him as calmly as possible. “Where are the sleeping bags?” He eyed me for a moment and his smile turned into a frown.

“Snipeydoodle.” he jabbered in his drunken state. “You are together with Kibum now, right?” I stared at him disbelievingly, but he seemed to wait for my answer, so I nodded. “You should not be in other men’s rooms then! Bad snipey, bad!” He shook a finger at me, which only made me stare more. The frown on his face turned into a happy grin again and he clapped his hands. “It’s sleepy time now for me!” he then continued, pulling down his pants to continue his undressing. I quickly snapped my head in another direction to not have to see it all.

When I heard him climbing into bed, I looked back at him again. He lay sprawled over the double bed, looking at me with that happy smile still plastered on his face. I walked to the side of the bed and pulled the blanket up, tucking him in nicely. He kept his eyes on my face the whole time, causing me to feel a tad bit uncomfortable under his never ending stare. In the end, he pulled his arms from underneath the blanket again and pulled me into another hug. I almost fell as I lost my balance, but ended up keeping myself upright with my hands. Heechul locked me in his grip for a moment before letting go, albeit only a little.

“Snipey, you have to make sure Kibum makes you happy, okay!?” he stated, looking me right in the eyes and seeming almost sober because of his seriousness. I nodded slowly, not really sure what he was trying to get at. “Good.” he said, letting go of me as he did so. I crawled upright again and seated myself on the edge of the bed, because I felt like he wasn’t done talking yet. I was right.

Mere moments later, he mumbled something again, that I caught only a few words from. I leaned in closer, asking him to repeat himself. Instead of doing what I asked of him, however, he unexpectedly lifted a hand again and the next thing I knew, my nose crashed rather painfully against his and then he was kissing me.

It was nothing like sharing a kiss with Kibum. My neck and back hurt from the uncomfortable position I was in, there was not a single butterfly in my stomach and he smelled and tasted like alcohol and nicotine. It took me a moment to grasp the reality of the whole situation, however, so by the time I pulled back, too much time had passed already. When I pulled away abruptly and got up, sending an angry look at Heechul, my glare only met his drunk smile.

“If I had known you were up for dating I might have done that a lot sooner.” he told me, his speaking already a lot less clear because of the incredible amount of alcohol in his blood. “I figured I would do it anyway, just to check what I’m going to have to miss now.” The happy smile he gave me made it clear that he was oblivious to the fact that what he had just done was not appropriate at all. Suddenly he closed his eyes. “It’s sleepy time now.” he mumbled, his head soon rolling to the side as he sunk into some comatose sleep mere seconds later.

I stood there, staring at his sleeping form, with a lot of anger boiling inside of me that I couldn’t let out on anything. In the end, I turned away and stalked out of the room, throwing the door closed with a loud bang because I didn’t care about waking anyone up anyway. I crossed the hallway and entered Hangeng’s room, still fuming on the inside.

The Chinese guy was comfortably sprawled all over his bed, still wearing all his clothes and looking up at me as I entered. He showed me a tired, but still rather sober smile and waved at me, getting up into a sitting position. Before he could say or ask anything, however, I cut him off by talking myself, shaking my head slightly.

“Hannie, I’m going home.” I told him as calmly as I could manage, walking to the side of the bed and leaning in to give him a short hug. He smiled and nodded, shortly patting my back before I let go. “I’m sure you can take care of Heechul, because you’re not that drunk, right?”

“Yeah, it’ll be okay. Thanks for driving us home. I would’ve done it myself, but I’m afraid I drank a little too much myself. I guess I felt like celebrating your happiness, even if you don’t want it to be known.” he told me sincerely. I shrugged.

“That’s okay. Don’t forget to undress before you fall asleep or your whole bed will smell like smoke.” I replied, managing a slight smile for his sake. “It’s nice to see that you are happy for me. That at least makes one person.” I couldn’t repress a sigh as I said that, causing Hangeng to frown.

“Well of course I’m happy for you! You’re my dongsaeng, I should make sure you’re happy, although you refuse to call me oppa.” he protested, getting up from the bed and enveloping me in a hug. “You and Kibum go great together. It’s like the silent and the passive or something like that.” His attempt to make a joke succeeded in making me smile a little wider, so when he let go, I was able to show him another smile.

“Thanks a lot, Hannie. Who knows, I might call you oppa once. Look forward to it.” With those words, I walked out of his room, leaving the house without another thought as to get away from Heechul as fast as possible. Once outside on the streets, two blocks away from their house, I realised I didn’t feel like going home because I would probably have to explain why I hadn’t slept over at Heechul and Hangeng’s place in the end. So I did the first thing that came to mind; I called Kibum.

No comments:

Post a Comment