Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] It's Complicated

Title: It's Complicated
Characters: Kibum, OC, SJ
Rating: PG
Chaptercount: 30/36
Summary: Soojin meets a guy who turns her world upside down but then there's a few dozen others as well.
A/N: This is one of my most beloved novels (not that I wrote THAT many, but still) and I think I will forever cherish the characters in this. This story also helped me shape my view on the different members and is the first of few stories in which I used first person.

- - - - -

Once I came back out, I simply had lunch with the two after which Zhou Mi left to meet up with some friends. I spent another hour or so with Kibum after that, mostly just cuddling on the couch in front of the TV but also telling him about Heechul almost driving into a lantern pole and Hangeng happily celebrating after I told them about the two of us being together. At around 2 PM, he gave me a ride home. Once there I told my still way too interested mother and an always listening Yumiko about my evening out -wisely leaving out the kiss with Heechul-, before I went up to lock myself in my room and think things over.

But once there, I suddenly found myself slumping into an unexpected surge of guilty. I had spent an entire night and half of the day over at Kibum’s, he had been like the most sweet and attentive boyfriend I could have wished for, and yet I didn’t even once mention the fact that Heechul was drunk and had kissed me. I had been given so many opportunities to confess and it wasn’t like Kibum would hate me for it, because it wasn’t even my fault, but somehow I felt that if it was nothing anyway, it might be safer not to tell him. I didn’t mention any of that evening’s events to him, yet he never asked me why I had wanted to spend the night over at his place, when my own house was just as far away from Heechul’s as his was.

I really did feel bad for not telling Kibum, but the guilt soon turned into anger towards Heechul for kissing me. Anger I had not used the previous day when I was with him still. Unable to do anything with the anger, I started up my computer to play some and hopefully kill some people to ease my feelings. Yet when the computer started up my messenger started as well, and there was Heechul himself, online. I almost growled at my computer screen and quickly opened up a conversation with him so I could release my anger on that so-called good friend of mine.

Snipe saysKim Heechul! >.>

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysSnipey! :D Here you are! :D I was looking for you!

Snipe saysWhy?

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysWell I vaguely remembered that you brought us home and all, but when I woke up, you were nowhere to be seen and Hannie told me you went back home yesterday, but when I called Yumiko, she said you weren’t around there either, so we got a little worried. D:

Snipe saysWorried? You? Don’t make me laugh, please. 8-)

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysWhat!? :O Of course I worry about you! You’re my friend! <3 Where were you anyway and why do I have the feeling you’re angry at me?

Snipe saysWhere I was is none of your business, Chul. And let me think.. Oh.. Maybe because I AM angry at you. >.>

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysAngry? At me? O_o How is that possible? I never do anything wrong! D:

Snipe saysOh no? I wouldn’t call your actions right, though.

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysMy actions? I believe you lost me.. Did something happen yesterday, Soojin? :S

For a moment I was stunned, because he used my real name. I faintly realised that he was really worried that he had done something bad and my anger slowly dimmed to a less life-threatening stage. I felt slightly sorry for bitching at him when he didn’t even know what he had done, so I calmed myself down and tried to answer him as detailed as possible while still remaining composed myself.

Snipe saysI was going to stay over, but when I was trying to find out from you where I could find a sleeping bag to use, you just pulled me to you and kissed me. On my mouth. Then you lay back down and fell asleep.

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up says… Did I really?

Snipe saysYes. You did.

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysOh.. Well.. What are you complaining about then? ^^ Gosh, Snipe, you shouldn’t overreact all the time. It was just a kiss. :D

Snipe saysWhat? O_o

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysI mean.. It’s kind of funny that you tell me this, actually. :P I’ve been wanting to do that for so long now.. I can’t believe that I finally did it, but then was so drunk that I forgot all about it. What a stupid way to waste a first kiss. x”D

Well, so far for my feeling sorry for him. He seemed to feel nothing whatsoever hearing about what he had done and appeared to be rather amused by the whole situation. Well maybe he did feel something; regret that he couldn’t remember his own actions anymore. If he had been around at that time, I would probably have thrown something at him possibly even my computer or given him a good kick, but all I could do as stare at my screen in anger. And then the bomb burst inside of me.

Snipe saysYou are seriously the most selfish and annoying guy I’ve ever met. All you ever think about is yourself and you always do things without even wondering how others would feel about that. I hope that you’ll rot in hell for an eternity. Don’t even think about talking to me in the following fifty years, you got that!?

(*) Hee Cee is in the house (H) Yo touch me man what’s up saysWhat? Snipe, you have to understand..

Please just go die somewhere saysAnd cut the whole Snipe thing. My name is Soojin and you would do good remembering that in case you miraculously develop brains and decide to say something that makes sense again. Goodbye.

With those last words, I blocked him and then proceeded to throw him out of my contact list. If the idiot wanted to act like that, he could do it on his own, I thought. Yet mere minutes later I was already feeling slightly sorry for my huge outburst. So I added Heechul back into my list, yet left him blocked for the time being. It wouldn’t do to unblock him just to throw some more insults at him, so it was best for the both of us. Instead, I finally opened up my game and spent the rest of my day sniping, earning myself another fifty headshots for the counter by doing so.

Sadly enough, the memory of the kiss didn’t disappear just like that, and I kept feeling guilty every time I thought of Kibum. When I saw him the next day in school it was like a renewal of the whole scene in my head. I tried my best to continue living like I did before, but that didn’t work out. Even without planning to, I found myself making up excuses every time Kibum asked me out, and as soon as I saw Heechul somewhere, I turned around and walked in another direction. Avoiding my two previous companions of course caused me to spend most of my time with the soccer group but obviously that wasn’t the best idea ever either.

In order to have a legal excuse to escape spending time with anyone, I went to the pancake house and begged asked Henry if he didn’t have a part-time job for me so I could work for him after school hours. It didn’t take me that much convincing, because apparently he had wanted some more time for himself and had been asking his parents to hire someone else for a long time now. We basically did each other a favour by making me the new employee. So every day after classes or even during free hours, I went straight to the pancake house to work.

Like that, I managed to professionally avoid Heechul and Kibum for three days before Yumiko started to ask questions. On Thursday, Mi Cha also came by and wondered why I was never with them anymore, and even Jungsoo and Jongwoon came asking me surprised questions. I made up a lame excuse about having had enough of Heechul’s antics and then just left them standing, hurrying to one of my classes or to my car. But of course my friends didn’t let it end like that. So when I walked towards my car on Thursday evening, suddenly Minji, Mi Cha, Namin and Yumiko appeared at my side.

Before I could protest or anything, both my arms were grabbed by Yumiko and Minji respectively, after which they proceeded to drag me into a complete opposite direction than my car’s. Namin meanwhile told me that I was not going to work, they had arranged a replacement for me, and Mi Cha added that we were now going to have some fun together because I had been running away from good old spending time with friends long enough already. When they brought me to the soccer field, I gave them a surprised look, after which they explained that if I didn’t want to spend time with Heechul anymore, they would just spend time with me when he wasn’t around. I felt grateful for that, so I didn’t even once tried to go back to my car, trusting their word for having found a replacement for me.

The boys’ soccer practice that day turned into one big soccer game between all the girls and Sungmin against the rest of the boys, that being Donghae, Hyukjae, Ryeowook and Siwon. Even though it hurts my pride to say this, but we got our butts kicked badly, which wasn’t really a surprise as we were playing against what were probably the school’s best soccer players. We did have Sungmin on our team, but he wasn’t able to make up for the dreadful soccer skills of Minji, Mi Cha, Namin, Yumiko, Sung Yeon and myself.

We still had loads of fun, though. Especially when Sung Yeon started blackmailing Siwon by saying that if he didn’t let her pass by him, she’d never kiss him again. It did work, but sadly enough Ryeowook came running and style the ball from her before she could advance more than two metres past Siwon, and there was no getting the maknae to do what we wanted, because no one had something to blackmail him with. The game ended with a surprising score of 10 against 1 -the one point made by Sungmin of course- and when Minji’s father called to find out where she was, we decided to end the match, all dropping down on the bleachers exhaustedly.

I was the only one to lay down in the grass, closing my eyes and letting my thoughts carry me far away from the soccer field and the soft talking of the others. By the time someone came to sit next to my head, a lot of time had already passed, because when I opened my eyes everyone was gone except for the one sitting next to me. I realised I had fallen asleep, so I quickly jerked upright, waiting a moment to let my body recover from the sudden movement and then looking back at the person sitting next to me.

Donghae sent me a friendly smile. When I asked where everyone else was, he told me they had all gone home as it was nearing dinner time. He proceeded to explain that when they found out I had fallen asleep, he had told Yumiko he would bring me home, so the girl had taken my car and Hyukjae had gotten a ride from Siwon. By the end of his explanation I was feeling rather uncomfortable, like my subconscious was warning me that it was not a good situation for me to be in, but I merely sat up a little better and smiled at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment