Monday 29 August 2011

[FIC] I like your nose

Title: I like your nose
Characters: Sungmin, Kyuhyun
Rating: PG
Wordcount: 630
Summary: It's not really what he's talking about that matters, just that he's talking.
A/N: I can't write Kyumin for the life of it. Yeah.

- - - - -

It was all dark, threatening and cold. Smells, images, sounds, feelings, tastes, they were all registered by his senses and passed by through his mind at a high speed. Everything was hazy, confusing and surreal. Everything except for one constant reminder that he was not going crazy. He kept listening to it like holding on to a lifeline.

“You know..” a soft voice spoke, clearing the silence in the room. A smile appeared on the face of the boy sitting on the chair, looking at the other. “When they first told me to talk to you, I said they were crazy. That I would have nothing to talk about because I didn’t really know how to talk to you..what to say to you.” A soft laugh filled the room after those words, breaking through the seemingly tense atmosphere. “How wrong I was..”

“Remember how we used to bicker all the time when we still didn’t know each other that well? Everything became a discussion, everything was to be fought over. I nagged at you so much one day that you asked me if there was something about you that I did like.” Another soft snicker. “I’ve been thinking about that lately. You know, at times where I had nothing to do but sit and wait. At times where one studio recording came after the other..”

“I was thinking about your personality at first, but then I thought.. Well, why would I be so cliché as to pick some of your personality traits and compliment it into the clouds? So I thought more about it. Then I was thinking about your talents, but.. Well, everyone knows and likes your talents, so that was too obvious as well.. And then it hit me. There is something about you that I like, you know.” There was a short silence as both people stayed unmoving. Then the one who had talked finally sighed deeply and smiled again.

“It took me a while to figure it out, because I had no idea what there was about you that I could like that would make me different than others. Yet I know now. You’d probably laugh at me if I told you, but then I figured it doesn’t really matter right? So here it is..” He hesitated shortly and a slight intake of breath could be heard, before he continued. “I like your nose.”

“Yes, I know it sounds stupid and that a nose is probably the most unattractive feature of a human face, but it is like that. Your nose.. It makes your face more gentle. Even when your eyes have a fierce look in them. Even when you frown. Even when you yell in anger. It gives this gentle touch to your face.. Yes, I like your nose.” The smile didn’t leave the boy’s face anymore as he thought about that. Moments later his eyes fell on his watch, however.

“Oh, is it this late already? I have to go. I’ll come back tomorrow, okay? Don’t go anywhere.” His laughter filled the room again after those words when he realised the irony in them. He got up, brushed a strand of hair out of the other boy’s face and walked outside, closing the door behind him. He took a moment to lean against the wood, closing his eyes in pain, before he sighed and walked away.

The twinkling sound of someone laughing pierced through everything else, clearing the haze and banning all sounds out of his head until there was only one thing left. He let himself listen to the constant beeping and felt rather sleepy. Before he drifted away into a calming nothingness, something stirred in him, however, and the fingers of his left hand twitched.

Two days later, Cho Kyuhyun woke up from his coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment