Monday 29 August 2011

Fic Challenge - 062; God [19/100]

Title: God
Characters: Hankyung, Kangin
Rating: G
Wordcount: 505
Summary: Drunk midnight blabbering, or maybe the most truthful Hankyung has ever been.
A/N: This was written in several takes, all on different occasions right before going to bed. I don't quite know what the point of this is, but it's purely dialogue, nothing else. It's not exactly a masterpiece and I'm not particularly in love with it, but it passed since I can't write about God for the life of it anyway.

- - - - -

When I die, I want to go to heaven.

Since when do you believe in heaven?

I don’t. But it sounds nice, doesn’t it? Everything you can dream right where you can reach it. Everything you want, and all the people you loved will be there too. Everyone you miss right now will be waiting for you with open arms. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?

Maybe…

What do you mean?

Think about it. They knew you before they died only. Who knows how much you’ve changed since then? Who knows how much they’ve changed? They could have changed into the complete opposite of what they were after spending so many years in heaven themselves. What if they don’t want to know you anymore? Have you thought about that?

You’re so pessimistic. If there’s a heaven, I’m sure it’s good, because God would have made it.

So now you even trust in God?

Perhaps I’m becoming like Siwon. Maybe his devotion is contagious. Or maybe I’m just drunk and talking crap. Who knows?

I vote for the last. This is your fifth beer and you’re bad with alcohol.

I know.

Then why did you keep drinking?

Sometimes you need a moment to breathe, you know. I used to… Well. But now I just drink some.
It’s only today. Tomorrow we can say that we’ve never been here before.

Yeah, and if you keep drinking like this you’ll believe it because you’re too drunk to remember.

Something like that, yes.



You miss them, don’t you? Your parents..

Incredibly. But it doesn’t really matter. They’re not here and I have no time to go there.

Don’t you want to try keep in contact with them?

I already do.

You send them one e-mail a month and that’s only if they’ve answered to your previous e-mail. you know you want to talk to them, so why not simply do it?

Because it’s not my battle to fight. I’m here in Korea, they are in china, why are we having this conversation, somebody fill up my empty glass, please? People actually want to drink here.
This is not how it’s supposed to be. God wants all his children happy.

I am happy.

You’re drinking to forget your problems… Yes, my point exactly. Let’s go home now, it’s getting late. Up you go, I’ll pay. Oh please, don’t tell me you can’t stand on your own. One, two, arm around my shoulders and let’s go.

There’s so many people here.

Yes, there’s some, you probably see double the amount.

Youngwoon-ah…

Yes Kyung?

If God wanted me to keep contact with me parents, he wouldn’t have given me the opportunity of a lifetime in Korea. He would’ve given me something similar in China.

One day He will, Kyung. Now keep walking, I’d like to get home before you pass out on me.
I think I’d like to go to heaven.

That’d be nice, yes.

Will you come with me then? I don’t want to be alone…

We won’t let you be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment