Tuesday 23 August 2011

[FIC] The Promise

Title: The Promise
Characters: Undefined
Rating: PG
Wordcount: 314
Summary: You promised.
A/N: A venting of my own annoyance with people who promise things all the time but never make them happen. I won't even go into detail there or I'll never stop complaining, but it bugs me senseless.

- - - - -

You once told me to believe, never to give up, but is there really something left to believe in now?

It’s rather funny how all that doesn’t count anymore now, isn’t it? There are words left unsaid that should have been shouted at you and feelings left unfelt that should have been shown to me.

“I love you.”

You were supposed to be mine, you know. You were supposed to stay, remain by my side forever. Do you remember what we said? Do you remember what YOU said?

It all seems so far away now. The images are vague and confusing. Like a memory you can catch and look at, but that will immediately be floating away again, even if you don’t want to let go.

“I love you too. Forever.”

You told me there would be hard times and that it could get lonely. Did you know already? Did you know that you were going to break the promise?

It’s useless trying to hold on to things that are long gone and somehow there seems nothing wrong with just letting go. Yet the moment that thought comes to mind, my breath gets caught and there seems to be no other way then to keep holding on.

“Promise?”

You told me it would get confusing at times and that there could be tears. Did you foresee? Did you know that you were going to leave?

It’s like pain, but it doesn’t hurt. It’s like crying, but there are no tears. It’s like taking hold of a rope that leads to nowhere, but following it nonetheless, because it gives hope and it makes me become less numb.

“Promise.”

You were supposed to never leave, you know. You were supposed to make me happy, fill my life with roses and butterflies. Do you remember what we promised? Do you remember what YOU promised?

Great fucking promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment