Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] Memories

Title: Memories
Characters: Super Junior
Rating: R
Chaptercount: 8/26
Summary: Fifteen people try to find the memories they forgot - or maybe they're just looking for each other.
A/N: A fic written on a hunch. One day I thought; "Super Junior. And vampires. This calls for a fic!" and well.. Here we are? Memories is one of the stories that I'm proud of, despite its sometimes messy storyline. It's also a story that won't be fully understood until you've read it completely. Things will be very confusing as you read, but will also get explained in future chapters. Be warned.

- - - -

Sang Mi was blushing a bright red and she was well aware of it as Hyukjae merely looked at her with an amused smile, not even trying to hide how much he was enjoying this piece of information he picked up seemingly out of nowhere. She tried to come up with something to say, but the way his gums showed as he smiled made her kind of unable to think further than the two fangs that were currently still showing.

“Oh sorry.” Hyukjae suddenly stated, retracting said pair of sharp teeth and closing his mouth, an amused smile still pulling up the corners of his mouth. That was enough for Sang Mi to snap out of her current daze and come up with something to say to his words.

“How did you.. I never said that!” she stammered, her mouth still remaining half open even as she was done talking. Hyukjae’s chuckle reached her ears and she found herself responding to it as if it was an instant happy pill, a smile slowly gracing her own features as well. The moment she realised that, however, she quickly pulled a poker face.

“Ahh, that’s true, you never did say it.” Hyukjae then replied, his voice low and thick with amusement. He was obviously enjoying having taken her off guard. “But you thought it.”

“I.. What?” Her eyes widened a little in surprise and she nervously fiddled with her fingers. “How would you know that?” The only reply she got was the vampire lifting up the now empty blood pack he was still holding. She frowned at that. “The blood? But that’s not possible. There can be no memory of me thinking that because I have never thought it before.”

“But you did just now.” Hyukjae retorted, still too amused for her liking, but there wasn’t much she could do about it. “Did you really think I was nothing special, my dear Sang Mi? You’ve been watching me closely for a while now, you must have noticed how little I drink blood? Didn’t you ever wonder what the reason was for that?” He cocked his head to the side a little, flashing her another grin and then chuckling at Lord-knows-what. “Whenever I drink someone’s blood, I can hear their thoughts as well, until the blood is devoured.”

“Hear.. Their thoughts? What?” she stammered again, his revelation shocking her to the core. If Hyukjae was a telekinetic vampire then she should warn the facility leaders. She was not the right person to take care of such a rare and unstudied type of vampire. All she knew was the basics, nothing about how to evade situations like the one she had just created. What was worse, she wouldn’t be able to do anything, because he’d know her plans before she could execute them. She had to get out of there and warn someone. She had to..

“Tsk, my dear, you disappoint me.” someone suddenly whispered next to her ear and her heart skipped a beat, frightened by how he had gotten to her side without her even noticing he had moved. “Do you think I told you this just so I could let you go and tell everyone else? You have your secrets, I have my secrets, let’s both keep all those secrets actual secrets. How’s that for a deal?” She frowned, thought over her options and had to conclude she had no other option than agreeing. “Good.” he replied, even before she could nod. “Now, my dear, I’m sorry to say so but you smell incredibly appealing right now and damn, I’m hungry. I’m sure you won’t mind me having another sip of you.”

He leaned in, putting a hand on her hip to keep her in place as he moved his face towards her neck. She closed her eyes, unconsciously holding her breath and waiting for the sharp pain that would accompany his bite. His breath was cold on her skin and she felt the hairs in her neck rise at the closeness of such a dangerous creature, the shiver running through her spine a forebode of the evil she knew was to come. Suddenly his presence was gone, however, and when she looked up, he was standing at the closet again, calmly emptying the blood pack she carried hidden under her sweater for emergencies.

“Don’t you ever listen when I talk to you? I don’t feed directly from humans. Silly girl.” he stated, the gummy smile back on his face. “But since you mentioned that blood pack.. Well, let’s just say the smell was too tempting and you were right, I WAS hungry.”

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

“You are a pain in the ass, do you know that?” Heechul complained to his long-legged companion, huffing annoyed. The other once again didn’t pay him any attention whatsoever as he continued on his road, a frown creasing his forehead ever since they left the alley. “Yah, I’m talking to you, you red-haired piece of oversized, upside-down giraffe.” Heechul therefore continued his complaining, taking use of the opportunity to curse at the other as his body was still forced to follow along.

“Don’t talk to me.” the calm order came and when he opened his mouth to say more, no other word left him. He huffed, rolled his eyes at the back of the lanky vampire and took a few sulking steps. It was only half a minute later that he found a way around the order, an amused smirk appearing on his face.

“Stupid tall vampire.” he muttered, loud enough for Zhou Mi to hear. “Thinks he can just come and take over control, huh? Tsk, right as I got rid of the previous one..” Upon hearing that, Zhou Mi stopped and turned to look at him for the first time since they left the alley.

“How did you..?” he wondered aloud, before shaking his head and turning back to the front. “Never mind. I don’t want to hear another word from you, Heechul.” he then said sternly. “You’re going to pull the attention to us if you keep up like this.”

To that, Heechul had a few different answers ready, the best out of them probably being ‘We’re already pulling attention to us with me following you around like this. What am I? Your male prostitute?’ but he was unable to say a word. So he smirked again, reached up a hand to ruffle through the taller vampire’s hair and spelled; “F-U-C-K-Y-O-U.” That’s about where Zhou Mi had enough of him, probably, because the next thing he knew, he was lying on the ground with a stinging cheek. His eyes widened when he realised the other had slapped him like a girl would do, but he could only utter some nonsense letters in his rage.

“Not another sound.” Zhou Mi then ordered, eyes ablaze with his own anger. He was obviously straining himself to keep his voice at a normal volume and not shout. “Now get up and follow me.” Without a sound, Heechul started getting up from the ground, dusting off his clothes and glaring at the other the whole time. Zhou Mi didn’t pay attention to that, however, as he just turned around again and continued walking, knowing that they were close to their goal. Yet after some twenty meters, he realised something was wrong, and when he turned to look at the other, Heechul was still standing where he had gotten up.

It was dumbfounding, to say the least, to see a vampire he sired so utterly neglecting his orders. None of the others had ever tried to find ways around his orders, but this one did it with everything he said. He would have to certainly think twice before ordering something. Yet how he seemed to not listen at all now was even more scary – how much control did he really have over the other?

“Come here, now.” he said, watching how Heechul indeed walked closer at that, his glare intensifying with every unwilling step. “You’re not allowed to kill, hurt or disobey me, willingly or unwillingly, so just wipe that evil glare off your face. If you don’t want to follow me, fine, you can stay here, but don’t come haunting me as a ghost when you get incinerated.”

To his dismay, the other stopped the moment he allowed him to, glaring still and just standing there. It was obvious from the way he had his head lifted that he would rather burn down than follow. With a sigh, Zhou Mi rubbed a hand over his forehead. “Okay, that was not a real option, you’re going to have to walk next to me until we get at our sleeping place.”

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

If anything, he was surprised. Her words seemed impossible, especially when comparing her to him. She looked old enough to be his sister, so how on earth could he be her father? Yet there was not a single sign of amusement in her expression and he started to seriously doubt himself. If he really had a daughter, wouldn’t he know? Wouldn’t he feel some kind of connection to this young woman who so easily claimed him as her father? Wouldn’t he need to have been human to do that? But she did say he had a life before being a vampire..

There was an intake of breath and suddenly the heartbeat seemed to grow louder and louder in his ears. He looked up, expecting to see the venger moving closer, but she was still at the same spot as before. He shook his head shortly to get rid of the sound, yet that movement seemed to only increase the sound even more.

“It’s no use” her meanwhile familiar voice filled the room again and he could swear he smelled old tears and the faded scent of lilies. “This happens sometimes to you after you’ve drunk my blood. It only increases if you try to get rid of it. In fact, if you keep up the denial, the blood still in your veins will start to pulse in sync with my heartbeat. Just let it pass, it’ll go. Focus on me and tell me what you’re thinking. I’m willing to answer all your questions, but you have to ask them. I can’t read your mind, no matter how tight our family bond is.” He looked at her again and noticed she had now indeed come closer, reaching out a hand to cup his cheek with, a caring expression on her face. He sucked in a breath, trying to focus his thoughts so he could talk.

“What do you mean I am your father? Did I have a wife while I was … human?” he finally questioned, striking up the most important question coming to mind. The venger smiled, and he suddenly realised he was leaning his head into her hand as if the touch was good to him. Upon becoming aware of that, he immediately pulled his face away from her touch as if burned by it.

“Not like that. I’m sorry if I confused you. I’m too used to calling it like that since we always did so. You are not my biological father, not my human father.” she replied, taking a step back as if knowing he didn’t want her close anymore. “Your venom was what was used to create me, however, and in that way, you are my father. Or at least, that’s what we called it.”

“I.. They…created you?” he stammered, finding himself staring at her open-mouthed. However, it didn’t surprise him when she merely nodded.

“I was human once, grew up to be a nice young woman, found my place in this facility not long after it was started and then you came and Misun got the intriguing idea to try and create a crossbreed to see what it would be. I volunteered for it and as I mentioned before, your venom was used for it.” she explained then, but all he really got was the name.

“Misun?” he therefore echoed. She nodded again.

“One of the two founders of this facility.” She moved back to the bed and sat down on it again, folding her hands in her lap as she just calmly looked up at him. He could only look back, until his next question unexpectedly slipped out.

“What’s your name?” He shut his mouth again once the words were out, remembering how that Siwon vampire had told him that she gave everyone a different name and no one knew her real one. She smiled at him, however, not at all upset.

“I thought you’d never ask. My name is Han Li Yin.” she replied softly, and then he collapsed.

☆.:**´¨`**:.☆

They had been standing across from each other for a few moments longer, before Henry had turned and walked to the table, taking a seat on top of it because there were no chairs to use. Sungmin watched him move, still intrigued by the idea of a vampire surviving eleven years without a single drop of blood. It seemed impossible to imagine living without having to feed once a month at the very least. Yet the price Henry had paid for not feeding was obvious as well; he could hardly stand on his own legs. He wanted to ask something, but instead felt himself moving towards the door. He quickly turned around and walked back, as if just walking a circle to stretch his legs.

“Could you do me a favour?” he suddenly questioned and the other looked up at him with curious eyes. “I really don’t know you at all, and I don’t know why I’m asking you of all people, but would you please bite me?”

“What?” There was more than shock in that word, something of repulsion as well and…fear?

“It’s hard to explain since I can’t really focus on what I’m doing unless I’m feeding. My head is rather spinning right now. But please..” he went on blabbering, lifting up his arm. “See those two faded dots on my wrist? Could you please bite me there. I don’t think I can stay much longer if you don’t. I need to move and keep moving or else my feet will take me to her.” He fell silent, walking in place as if that would keep him from running straight out that door.

“I’m sorry but you really do not make sense.” the other managed to mumble, staring at him with wide, uncertain eyes. “Besides; you smell so much of blood the only reason I’m not attacking you is because I can’t move much. I can’t bite you because I would feed from you, even though you’re a vampire too.”

“That’s alright, no? I don’t know why you didn’t feed for eleven years, but that’s just crazy. You really should feed. You can’t live in this little hut forever, right? You’re immortal. One day the hunger will get to heavy for you to bear and you’ll go on a rampage. If not sooner than later.” Sungmin locked eyes with the other vampire, once again sticking out his arm. “Please, if I have to beg then I probably will. It would hurt my pride, but if I give in to this urge then I won’t have any pride left at all.”

Henry looked from the faded dots on Sungmin’s wrist to the serious look on the other’s face, noticing the nervous twitch around his eye. It was obvious that Sungmin was trying very hard to not walk away, like his body seemed to want to do. And suddenly he realised what was going on, as if an ancient voice whispered the explanation straight into his memories.

“You’re called, are you not?” he asked and Sungmin froze completely for a full five seconds, before starting to fidget again. A short nod was the only answer he got, but it was enough for Henry, who hesitantly reached out his own hand to take hold of Sungmin’s lower arm. He let his eyes glide over the wrist, smelling the thick blood residing in steel-hard veins. He swallowed and looked up at the other again. “Are you sure? I mean.. You don’t even know me.”

“Well the worst you can do is tell me to kill myself and the bad part of that is discussable.” the other replied, shrugging lightly. “I can’t take this feeling anymore and I really do not want to see her. Judging how you’ve survived without blood for eleven years, you must not really have any plans to conquer the world, so I’m pretty sure this is the safest choice I can make.” Sungmin sent a smile Henry’s way that was so pure and sincere it took away the last of the younger’s resistance.

“Fine. But don’t blame me if I bleed you dry. I don’t know how to deal with this hunger.” he warned before dipping his head down and sinking his fangs into the other’s wrist, in the same spot as where the hardly visible dots had been. A surprised gasp escaped Sungmin’s mouth and time seemed to stop for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment