Thursday 25 August 2011

[FIC] Life couldn't get better

Title: Life couldn't get better
Characters: Hangeng, Heechul
Rating: G
Wordcount: 468
Summary: Hangeng is convinced to agree to an arranged marriage.
A/N: Another drabble. This one's a sequel to Just My Luck. (Well it's more of a Hangeng POV from the events there.) Everyone who read the first part will already know what's going to happen here, but I hope you still enjoy this. x3 Because everyone told me to write a sequel and my daughter then encouraged me to really do so; here it is. Hope you enjoy. ^.^

- - - - -

I love my parents dearly, don’t misunderstand me, but somehow they got the idea in their head that because I am twenty-six years old now and still haven't found someone that I would like to give my heart to, they should arrange my marriage. Fun! I didn’t think so..

One day my mother took me to the city and told me she wanted new photographs of me. Well it’s my mother, she has strange ideas more often, so I did as she asked me to, but it wasn’t until I got the pictures of my bride-to-be that I found out why that was the case. Well, at least my bride wasn’t ugly, so all I had to hope for was for her to have an okay personality.

After I decided that the girl was pretty, I guessed I could try making it work, because well.. I can’t just disappoint my parents like that. So I passed through 500 stores in one week with my father, trying to find a nice suit, and then got taught a million dances and the whole book of etiquette by my mother in the next week. By the end of the three week period, I was completely styled into the perfect groom.

It was kind of fun, actually, and although I would never admit it to my friends, I enjoyed the idea of settling down with someone, having the possibility to start a family. I could see myself playing around with the toddlers and taking care of them like any good parent would. Yeah, I really think I would be a good father.

That’s why when the day came that I was going to meet my bride, I didn’t feel bad. I had also talked to a girl whose husband had been arranged for her as well and she told me that out of all marriages, the ones that work out best are mostly the arranged ones, because people get into them with no expectations whatsoever and things can only get better than expected that way. So I did exactly that; expect nothing.

The moment my bride-to-be, a twenty-seven year old Korean by the name of Kim Heechul, walked into the room, I was staring at her already. She was pretty. There is no other way to describe it. She was wearing rather boyish clothes, but I thought to myself that I could get used to that if she liked it. We shook hands and she greeted me shortly. It was then that I realised that there was something worse than a pretty but totally egoistic bride.

Apparently my father thought I’m gay.

Apparently Heechul is not a girl.

Please let a hole open beneath me and swallow me right now.

Excerpt from Hangeng's diary - Written August the 26th at 8.43 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment