Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] It's Complicated

Title: It's Complicated
Characters: Kibum, OC, SJ
Rating: PG
Chaptercount: 20/36
Summary: Soojin meets a guy who turns her world upside down but then there's a few dozen others as well.
A/N: This is one of my most beloved novels (not that I wrote THAT many, but still) and I think I will forever cherish the characters in this. This story also helped me shape my view on the different members and is the first of few stories in which I used first person.

- - - - -

He lead the way; out of his street, through the city quarter he lived in and finally towards the park. Once there, he slowed down and looked around as if searching for something. My questions as to what he was searching for were ignored and he simply walked on. I followed, trailing a step behind him and looking around myself, as I had always liked the park and its beautiful plants. We walked like that for a while, each lost in our own thoughts, until I noticed a pretty flower a few metres away from us, to my right. I slowly went off the path to give the orange beauty a closer look, because it intrigued me.

I studied it for a while, admiring the well-formed petals and smelling the sweet, slightly infatuating smell. It was a flower that I had never seen before, at least not that I remembered, and that realisation intrigued me even more. Even though I wanted to pick it and keep it with me, I didn’t, for I knew the flower would have a much longer and better life when still connected to its roots than when being stuck in a vase on my desk. Yet I still regretted not being able to take it home, as it was so pretty.

Again my trail of thoughts was interrupted by a click and when I turned to see what had caused it, another one sounded. I found Kibum with his camera in hand taking pictures of me. The image made me smile without realising it. That caused another two clicks and then Kibum lowered his camera, looking at me with an innocent expression. I walked over to him, giving his camera a short tap while eyeing him questioningly. He just smiled, nodding at the flower somewhere far behind me.

“You take great on pictures.” he told me. I couldn’t help but laugh softly.

“It can’t be worse than reality.” I replied jokingly, poking his nose. “Now let me see the pictures, because I don’t believe you.”

“I’m serious.” he protested, showing me the screen of his camera again. There were two pictures of me smiling and looking at him, then he went back to one of me in the middle of turning my head towards him and ended with the first one he took; me with my hand at the flower, looking at it with a pensive expression on my face. I smiled and looked back up at Kibum.

“You’re good at this, Bummie.” I told him. “Taking pictures, I mean.” He shook his head.

“I have a good camera.” he disagreed. “And a very good model.” I blushed flattered laughed it away and shook my head.

“Well then come on and take some more pictures.” I told him, grabbing his hand and dragging him along the road. I stopped in front of a cherry tree and did a few silly poses, before laughing my own ridiculousness away and just hugging the tree out of an impulse. After the tree, he pulled me along to a little flower field where he had me sit down and just be myself. I then started rolling around in the grass to the side, giving one of the purple-and-white coloured flowers a kiss and doing a ballerina pose with one foot in the flower field. That last action made me burst out in laughter and I quickly just sat down in the grass before anyone else would see me.

After the flower field the same happened at a little grass field, a swing, a children’s playground and finally a simple bench. I laid down rather comically on it, throwing my legs over the back support of the bench and hanging my face down the seat before sticking out my tongue at Kibum. He laughed, but took a picture anyway. I did a few more weird poses like that, but then sat down like a normal person, crossing my legs and resting one arm on the bench.

Another few pictures were snapped, before I reached out, grabbed Kibum’s sweater and pulled him towards me. He almost tripped over his own feet as he stumbled forward, but managed to sit down next to me safely, having kept his camera safe as well. I laughed and punched his shoulder, only to earn myself a pinch in the side which made me squeak in surprise. That caused Kibum to laugh, after which I punched his shoulder again and stuck out my tongue at him.

“You’re such a little kid, Jinnie.” he told me, smiling nonetheless. I grinned and pushed my head against his upper arm.

“So little I could fit in your pocket?” I joked, resting my whole body against him and looking up at him like that. He didn’t answer but pushed the camera under my nose and showed me the pictures he had taken. Most of them conveyed my retarded poses very well and some made me want to hide in embarrassment, but the ones where he had snapped me without any posing involved were really the best. I gave him the camera back and sat up.

“You’re really good at this.” I told him again. He shook his head.

“I told you; I have a good camera and you take great on picture.” he replied with a smile as he let the camera rest against his body. I could only smile back, once again cursing the effect gorgeous people, and Kibum’s smile in particular, had on me. As if Heechul alone wasn’t enough, I now had a few more friends who could shut me up with a single look or smile. Speaking of the devil, it was then that Heechul called me. My phone’s ringtone almost made me jump up in surprise, but when I checked and saw it was Heechul, I quickly picked up.

“Hey Chullie.” I greeted. “I’m kind of bus-”

“Snipe.” he interrupted me without care. “I need your help. I’m bored to death but Mi won’t let me leave without a good reason.”

“And you think I can help you how? What do you expect me to do? I can hardly drag Mi.. Wait a minute, Mi? Mi Cha? She won’t let you leave? What are you doing then?”

“Well, you know, I kind of promised to help give her grandfather’s cats a bath. Turns out this grandfather has eight of those animals. Eight! After the first one hissed at me and the second one scratched my arm open, I’m kind of unwilling to do that anymore. So then Cha told me to watch tennis with her grandfather, but that’s even worse.” he rattled in my ear. “Oh please just save me, Snipe!” I couldn’t help grinning, but tried to not let it be heard in my voice.

“Sounds like you’re having the time of your life.” I replied, slightly ironical.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” he sighed. “I ca-”

“Well that’s nice to hear.” I interrupted him in my turn. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow then. Have fun!”

“What? Wait! Snipe! Don’t hang up! You’re going to..”

I closed my phone, immensely grinning as I did so, having a lot of fun with the phone call. It didn’t pass by Kibum unnoticed.

“Heechul, huh? What was he calling for?” he asked.

“Oh, he’s having the time of his life bathing cats and watching tennis over at Mi Cha’s grandfather’s place.” I replied, holding back my evil grin as best as I could. “Wouldn’t want to take that away from him.” Kibum grinned as well when he caught on to the situation.

“Sounds interesting.” he said, nodding. “I bet it was hard for him to take a break from all the fun just to call you and inform you about the wonderful day he’s having.”

“Oh, you can’t imagine.” I replied with another nod. We looked at each other for a moment, before bursting out in laughter, having fun about Heechul’s ‘misery.’

Once we calmed down, I rested my body against his arm again and closed my eyes, savouring the feeling of the sun on my face and the soft breeze that tickled my skin. I had always loved the park and weather like that day’s made it even more wonderful.

“Didn’t you get enough sleep?” Kibum asked me, making me open an eye and try to look up at him without moving my head. It didn’t work out well, so I ended up looking at his stomach where the camera was resting, but at least I was looking at a part of him already.

“I never get enough sleep on a Sunday night.” I told him with a frown. “That’s the only time where I can actually game a little these days.” Kibum chuckled when he heard those words.

“You and your gaming addiction.” he said, ruffling my hair playfully. I immediately ruffled it back in place and frowned some more.

“Don’t even dare say a bad word about gaming, because I might just feel offended and never look at you again.” I threatened, which made him gasp for air in mocked shock.

“Oh dear God, no! That would be a disaster!” He overdid on the desperate sound of his voice as he said those words, making me laugh softly.

“No, but seriously.” I then mumbled. “I have enough people going all out because they think gaming is not a good spending of my time.” I sighed and closed my eyes again. “I’d like you to just not care about it.”

“I have nothing against you gaming, Jin. Besides, Heechul supports you, doesn’t he? He games himself. Jongwoon doesn’t care that you game either. Neither does Mi Cha or Namin or Yumiko or Zhou Mi. I also can’t imagine Haerin or Jungsoo having something against it and I’m pretty sure Sungmin, Ryeowook, Hyukjae, Siwon or Donghae won’t mind either. I think you have enough people around you that don’t care.” he replied. I smiled when he summed them up, because it did make me feel better that there were so many names.

“Thanks, Kibum.” I mumbled. There was a nice silence for a while after that, where I just enjoyed the sun while leaning against him, and he..sat next to me, I guess. I don’t know how much time passed, but I was nearly falling asleep when he spoke again.

“Say Jin..” he said. “Would you like to do this again tomorrow?” I took a moment to decently wake up before replying.

“Do what again?”

“You know.. Going out for a walk, taking pictures. You being my model.” he explained, poking my cheek with his finger. I scrunched up my face and opened my eyes to be able to look at him. He was looking at me as well. “Only if you feel like it, though.” he quickly said when he saw my expression. I bit my lower lip and pretended to think deeply about his words. Right before I could say anything, he talked again. “Hold still. Don’t move.” He grabbed his camera and snapped another picture of me. I chuckled, ruffling his hair with my hand.

“Let me see that picture. If it’s a nice one I’ll consider it.” I said, sitting up straight and trying to look at his camera screen. He turned it towards me and showed me the picture. I looked at it for a while, wondering how he was able to take a picture of me that made even me think of myself as pretty. Not that I thought I was ugly, but it didn’t happen very often that I looked at myself and really thought of the image as pretty. I smiled when I looked back up to him. “I’ll be your exclusive model.” I then joked.

“Is that a promise?” he asked with an amused smile, making me chuckle.

“It’s a promise.”

“No matter what happens?”

“Well, that depends. If you don’t spread these pictures all over the internet or demand me to do some kind of weird poses, then I’ll be alright with it.” I replied, smiling. He smiled too. “Just one thing, though.” I then continued, grinning. He gave me a questioning look. “I don’t do nude pictures.” He grinned, which caused me to laugh and shake my head as if the idea of nude pictures alone was ridiculous already. That’s when he leaned in and caught my lips in a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment