Tuesday 30 August 2011

[FIC] It's Complicated

Title: It's Complicated
Characters: Kibum, OC, SJ
Rating: PG
Chaptercount: 21/36
Summary: Soojin meets a guy who turns her world upside down but then there's a few dozen others as well.
A/N: This is one of my most beloved novels (not that I wrote THAT many, but still) and I think I will forever cherish the characters in this. This story also helped me shape my view on the different members and is the first of few stories in which I used first person.

- - - - -

I would not know how to describe the moment if someone asked me to. Sufficient to say is that it was my first kiss and that it was good. At least I never regretted having it taken by Kibum. Or giving it to Kibum, depending on how you looked at it. The cooperation sure came from both sides. I also have no idea how long it lasted or what I was thinking at the time, but when I slowly pulled away, there was a smile on my face. As I looked up at Kibum, I saw that he was looking at me as well, so I rested my head against his arm again.

“Well, I might reconsider the weird poses thing if this is how you try to change my mind.” I then said, making him smile in amusement.

We sat like that for a while, not caring about the people passing by or anything else at all. When I finally got up, it was already getting late and I was sure that my mother would already be wondering what was taking me so long. I turned to Kibum once I was standing and reached out a hand to help him up. He smiled, got up without use of my hand and ruffled my hair again. I frowned and pouted at him.

“Stop ruffling my hair. You make me feel little and very much un-sexy.” I told him with a whiny voice. He laughed before apologising.

“Oh I’m sorry.” he said, as he stroked my hair back in place. “I was unaware of this fact. I will try to never do it again so that you can feel unlimitedly sexy.” I repressed my grin, mumbled a short ‘thank you’ and started walking back to the entrance of the park. He walked along, staying at my side and looking around. Yet again a nice, enjoyable silence settled between us and it remained like that all the way until the exit of the park. Once there, I stopped walking and turned to look at him.

“My house is in a totally different direction than yours. I think it’s closer if I go straight home.” I said, smiling at him. He frowned slightly and looked down both ways of the street before nodding.

“True. I’ll walk you home?” Even though it wasn’t really a question, he asked it like one, so I took the liberty of answering it as well.

“No need, Bummie. I’m sure your mother is preparing dinner already. You’d only be wasting time. You can walk me home once when you live on your own, how’s that?” I chuckled after those words, but he nodded.

“I’ll keep you to that one.” he said with a nod.

“Great.” I grinned. “Do e-mail me the pictures later on, yes? I have no intention of letting you be the only one who has evidence on his computer of me being retarded.” The words made a smile appear on his face.

“Will do. I’ll see you tomorrow then?” he asked, making me nod.

“See you in school tomorrow, Bummie.” I agreed. He leaned in to kiss me on the cheek and then walked away, leaving me with a rapidly beating heart. About ten steps away, he looked back and waved, which caused me to snap out of my daze, wave back, turn around and walk back to my own house as well.

When I arrived there, I greeted my mother before walking upstairs. Yumiko wasn’t home yet, but I really needed to tell someone what had happened, so I took out my phone and called her. Both Zhou Mi and her had gotten a Korean number for their stay in the country, so I didn’t have to worry about the costs being too much. Yumiko picked up after the second ring and I smiled upon hearing her voice.

“Yumi, it’s Soojin. Where are you?” I asked, smiling the whole time. I heard her say something to someone near her before she talked to me.

“Jin! I’m still at the soccer field with Sungmin, Ryeowook, Hyukjae and Donghae.” she replied. I tried to picture the boys she named in front of me, but could only manage Sungmin and Hyukjae’s signature gummy smile. “We were about to go home, soccer practice took a little longer than expected.” Yumiko meanwhile continued. I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me. “Is dinner ready? Did omma ask you to call me?”

“No, no. I was just wondering myself. And I needed someone to talk to. Something amazing happened today.” I started, the excitement already sounding through in my voice.

“What? Has Heechul been nice to you?” she asked and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“No. Even better.”

“Better than Heechul being nice!? Is that even possible?” she joked, laughing as well. I grinned and prepared myself to say it.

“I kissed Kibum.” I then said. There was a dead silence on the other side of the line for a while, I couldn’t even hear her breathing, but then she took a deep breath.

“You..?” she then tried to say.

“Kissed Kibum, yes. Well, technically he kissed me and I kissed back, but.. We kissed.” I had a hard time keeping my voice on a conversational tone and Yumiko was obviously trying her best too.

“Yes.. Well.. Yes.. Uhu..” she mumbled, before getting a grip over herself again. “Donghae is going to give me a ride home. Once I’m there, you have to tell me everything! And I mean everything! Every little tiny detail! I’ll be home in fifteen minutes.” After those words she hung up.

I remained sitting on my bed with a huge grin on my face, feeling like jumping up and screaming with joy, but I discarded that idea when I heard my father get home. Instead, I waited for Yumiko, sitting on my bed and rethinking the events of that day. When I heard a car stop in front of our house, I quickly rushed downstairs.

Yumiko was getting out of the car when I opened the door and I ran up to her to hug her. She laughed at my enthusiasm, but hugged me back with just as much happiness. I laughed as well, just because I was happy and excited still. The guy in the car got out at that moment, giving us an amused look. It was only when our eyes met that I realised who he was. He was Donghae, the same guy from Yumiko’s first day in school who passed us by and had then looked back, right when I had done the same. Apart from that, I suddenly realised, he was also the idiot who slept during classes and who had stolen my seat. He smiled and raised a hand in greeting.

“Hi there, I’m Lee Donghae. I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced before.” he told me and I smiled back unconsciously.

“Kang Soojin, although you probably knew that already. Everyone seems to know exactly who I am these days.” I then replied, making his smile grow wider.

“Actually I did know, yes. You’re like a celebrity in our school.” he told me jokingly. I laughed.

“Thanks for taking me home, Hae.” Yumiko then spoke. “I’ll see you in school tomorrow, yes?” She waved at him.

“Sure thing, Miko.” he replied, looking at me once more before getting in the car. I followed him with my eyes as he got in, started his car and drove away. It was when he reached the corner of our street and turned out of sight that Yumiko hit my arm.

“Girl, you got kissed by Kim Kibum, you ought not to be staring at Lee Donghae like that.” she reprimanded me. I frowned.

“Like what?” I asked. “He’s an idiot who stole my seat in class.” Before she could reply to those words, the first part of her sentence got through to me and I squealed. “I kissed Kibum!” I cheered. “Or he kissed me.. Whatever! We kissed!” I laughed like an idiot and Yumiko was grinning like a retard as we walked inside. My father asked us if we had taken drugs, which made us both burst out in a fit of giggles. I felt like a high school teenager again, being all excited over a single kiss, but I couldn’t care less, for my mood was better than it had been in a while.

We had to eat first since dinner was just ready. I was hungry, but didn’t feel like eating, so the moment Yumiko was ready, we excused ourselves from the table and went upstairs. We hid in my room, locking the door and huddling up on the bed against my wall together. Once there, Yumiko started her interrogation and I told her all about Kibum asking me to spend time with him, us sitting in his room, him taking a picture of me, us going out to the park, him taking more pictures and finally him kissing me. I ended my talk by telling her how we had parted and how I had called her once I got home.

“That’s it?” she asked, seeming rather disappointed. “You had this amazing first kiss and then parted like any other day?”

“Well it wasn’t completely like any other day. He kissed me on the cheek this time.” I protested, still grinning. Yumiko rolled her eyes, but grinned as well.

“Oh my God, Jin! Kibum kissed you!” she then said, still sounding as disbelieving as I felt. I nodded like an idiot, before piping up from the bed.

“Oh! He was going to send me the pictures he made today. Let’s go online and see if he did. Then you can see them too!” I told her excitedly, immediately setting for my computer and turning it on. Yumiko was by my side in no time, dragging the chair from the corner of my room along to have something to sit on.

“Maybe he’s online. In that case you can chat a little and see if the kiss meant anything more to him than just one kiss.” she told me, sounding just as excited as I felt. I blushed, but nodded nonetheless, because it was indeed a good idea. We impatiently waited for my computer to start up, after which I quickly opened my messenger and logged in. It seemed to take forever to load, but when it did, I immediately scanned the online people to see if I could find his name between them. Luckily, Kibum wasn’t one for the fancy nicknames and he just had his name there, so I easily found him. Before I could click open a conversation, however, he had already talked to me.

Kibum saysJinnie! I am busy sending the e-mail with the pictures right now. You want the good ones as well or just the evidence of you being retarded?

Snipe saysEven me being retarded are good ones.

Kibum saysBecause you’re on them? =P 

Snipe saysNo, because you made them of course. xD If it were just me they’d all be disasters. If it were just you, they’d all be great. Since we worked together, they’re all just good. 

Kibum saysNice explanation. Yet I still think it’s all the camera’s and the model’s doing. 

Snipe saysNonsense >.> Read very carefully for I will type this only once; you’re a great photographer. 

Kibum saysAnd you’re weird. 

Snipe saysTrue.. But you love me for it. xD

Kibum saysYes I do. Marry me, Jinnie’s weirdness? =P

Snipe saysAlways, wonderful photographer who makes even me look normal. xD

Kibum saysLol! But I have to go now, Jinnie, I promised Zhou Mi I’d help out with his cooking a little today. I just sent you the mail, so you’ll probably get it soon. I’ll see you tomorrow? 

Snipe saysOf course, Bummie. Go show the Chinese how real Dukboggi is made! xD

Kibum saysActually, he’s going to attempt squid soup. =P
With that he logged out and I got a message that he had e-mailed me. I was still grinning widely because of our conversation as I clicked open my mailbox and checked for his e-mail. It was only then that I noticed Yumiko was staring at me, and when I turned to look at her I noticed the meaningful expression on her face. I frowned and cocked my head a little to the side.

“What?” I asked.

“You two were totally flirting!” she exclaimed. I frowned even more upon hearing that.

“No we weren’t. We always talk nonsense like this.” I replied, scrolling down to the first picture of me staring out his window. “Just look at the pictures and tell me that Kibum is a good photographer, because he is.” My distraction worked and we watched the pictures in silence for a while. When we got to the first normal picture of me near the flower field, Yumiko spoke again.

“You know.. Zhou Mi told me Kibum only takes pictures of things he thinks valuable enough to capture in a picture.” She smiled as she said it, not taking her eyes of the screen. I scrolled to the next picture, feeling flattered and uncomfortable at the same time, my cheeks flushing a bright red.

“Oh did he now?” I replied, as if I didn’t really care, continuing with a nice comeback to her words. “Kibum told me Zhou Mi has a thing for you and you for him. But also for Sungmin. Oh, and that he’s curious as to who you’ll go for.” It was her turn to blush upon hearing that and I chuckled.

“Oh did he now?” she then asked, just as uninterested as I had sounded.

We were silent for a while, before looking at each other and bursting out in laughter again. Yumiko had really become the one I put my trust in during the months that she had been with me already. It felt rather relaxed to converse with her like that. Right when we finished watching the pictures, Heechul logged in, so I quickly logged off, explaining the phone call to Yumiko, who thought it just as funny as I did. We spent about two more hours talking, giggling and laughing before we went to bed and I was looking forward to the next day quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment