Tuesday 23 August 2011

[FIC] Double Interview

Title: Double Interview
Characters: Undefined
Rating: G
Wordcount: 1.400
Summary: He's in a foreign country for work, she's home, their hearts are still together.
A/N: A fic written in June 2010 when a piece of my heart still believed happy endings exist. Not sure why I made it into an interview back then but it fit, it just fit. I never wrote down the questions but the answers make them clear enough I think, so go ahead and imagine them yourself.

- - - - -

I remember how we used to be just friends. Those days seem so far away now. It has all become way more serious. Our feelings now go much deeper, are now much stronger. I don’t know when our sibling-like relationship evolved into one of lovers, but it did. That much is certain. We have been through a lot, trying to keep our relationship standing, but we succeeded. They didn’t succeed in bringing us down. They weren’t able to pull us apart. I feel proud. We’ve faced the fire but didn’t get burned. Knowing that, I look forward to what’s coming.

For some reason I can spend a long time just sitting with him without feeling bored. He keeps me entertained with his little outbursts of happiness and his cute faces. Every time again, he brightens my day with all the little gestures towards me. It started with one of those gestures. He came all the way from his dorm to my work, a three hour drive, just to tell me in person that he loves me. I felt so special because of that. I finally felt like I really meant something to someone, like someone really liked having me around.

I still don’t know how she does it, but whenever she sees me, she smiles a smile that makes her whole face seem to brighten up. It’s as if just because of seeing me, her day is perfect. That makes me feel loved. I like it when other people notice it and tell me about it, because that proves it’s not just my imagination but others notice it as well. I hope it will be like this forever. The two of us together. Now that I’ve found her, I don’t want to let her go again. I really love her.

He makes me laugh. He’s very funny without forcing it. Mostly it’s just the way he acts or talks that makes me laugh and even though I basically laugh at him, he doesn’t mind. Actually, whenever I laugh, it seems like he gets happier as well, as if making me laugh was his goal to begin with. It’s hard to explain in words how much he means to me now, or how I wouldn’t want to trade him for all the money in the world. He has become very special and dear to me. I love him. I really do.

It’s quite funny, thinking how we met and all. She was just some girl I bumped into at a coffee shop. Yet she hasn’t left my mind since. At first we were just like brother and sister, but over time that changed. Our feelings changed. At least mine did. My friends couldn’t accept it, me being in love with just a normal girl. There was nothing special about her according to them, but I saw her beauty. And not only on the outside beauty. She’s really a special person. I often wonder what goes on in that mind of hers.

Sometimes when we sit together, I see him looking at me in that special way of his. He looks at me like he can’t believe that things are really happening, like he can’t believe that I am real. I wonder if that is really something he wonders about. I’ve asked myself often enough why someone like him, a famous singer, would love someone like me, just a girl, but I gave up asking and have now just accepted it. There are so many things I don’t get, but questioning them all would be very tiring. So why should I bother?

Yes, of course we do fight. Not often and they’re never big fights, mostly it’s just minor discussions, but we fight. I’m not perfect, neither is she, but we’ve grown accustomed to each other and to the other one’s strange habits or sudden mood swings. I think she has to put up with lots of crap coming from me, though. Whenever we have a busy schedule, I can act kind of irritated or angry, but she just gives me time to get out the frustration until I feel better. I am really grateful that she is this understanding towards me.

He is able to get on my nerves from time to time, yes, but really fight? I don’t think so. Most of the time he’s just cranky because of the stress the band sometimes brings. It’s not easy being the leader of such a famous group. Everyone watches you twenty-four seven and all that. That’s why I understand his annoyance and just try to help him the best I can. He always tries not to show me his bad feelings too much, but I think, being his girlfriend, I should stand at his side and support him at all times.

This is hard for me to think about. I know she has an idea of the future in her head that she would like to have once. I know she thinks of marrying and getting a child, maybe even more than one, but she doesn’t tell me. Again she’s being very understanding, trying not to burden me with her needs and wishes. Yet I would like to talk to her about that. Just have an innocent chat about what life could look like for us in maybe ten years. To be honest, I would like it to happen earlier, though.

The future? Well how should I put it.. I leave all options open. Because of his job, we can never be sure what will happen next, so I kind of stopped planning ahead. I just wait and see what happens. With a bit of luck things will turn out fine, though, and if they do, there’s a part of me that hopes we can get married once. When he is able to. I never mentioned this to him, because I don’t want to push him, but the idea has been in my mind for a while now. I’d like marrying.

What I mean with earlier? Well, I would like to be able to marry her in a year or maybe two. I have always looked forward to marrying as soon as I would find the one. I’m pretty sure that I’ve found her now, so I’m ready. It would be great to introduce her to the world as my wife. That word sounds so nice when I say it out loud. To me, she already is my wife. The one I will spend the rest of my life with, who I will love forever, but I’d like making that official.

I don’t really know. As I said, there are lots of things I don’t know and that I’ve stopped wondering about. This is one of them. I have no way of knowing what goes on in his head. That part of him is like a hidden treasure to me. Of course I hope he thinks about a future together with me, but if he doesn’t, then I will just accept that. My only wish is for him to be happy, be that with or without me. Although I have to admit that I’d rather have him be happy with me.

A message to her, ok.. Honey, I don’t know if you’ll read this, but I love you very much and I hope that by reading this you will know me a little better as well. I want you to know that I said nothing but the truth here and that I hope you did the same. We have been apart for quite a while now, but I will return to you very soon, I hope. Thank you for being you and for being there for me. You have been such a great support throughout the years. Take care of yourself.

Darling, I know you’re very busy right now and that you have a packed schedule, but when you have a little free moment, call me. I don’t care what time it is. Even if you’d wake me up, I just love listening to your voice. I hope you won’t be too surprised with my answers and that we can maybe talk about this once you’re back home. Please come back home soon. The house seems all the more empty without you. I miss you. Please tell the others I said hello. Be safe. Have fun over there. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment