Thursday 25 August 2011

[FIC] Life's a book

Title: Life's a book
Characters: Eunhyuk, Donghae, OC
Rating: PG
Wordcount: 395
Summary: Life's a book with blank pages, waiting for us to fill it with a story.
A/N: This drabble was a fraction of my imagination that I managed to pin down and write out. The last lines have been stuck in my head the whole day since I came up with them and I just had to write something with it.

- - - - -

He had once told me the most meaningful words ever. He had once been the only person who could pull me out of the depression I had been in. For every breath I take, I still have to thank him. Every beat of my heart I can feel because of him.

* * *
“My life sucks, Hae.” I said. “Ever since I was born, my road was already pointed out for me. I have no choice but to live this so called ideal life. Why would I stay alive to live someone else’s dream.” He sighed, but when I had looked up at him, he didn’t show the agreement I had thought he would.

“There is no road pointed out for you.” he said. “Life’s a book with blank pages, waiting for us to fill it with a story.”

I eyed him suspiciously, but he seemed so certain of himself, so confident that what he was saying was really true. He smiled his wonderful smile and ruffled my hair. I could only smile back.
* * *

His words.. I remember them up till today. They were the words that made me believe in my own future again. They gave me a purpose to fight, to be strong, to know that I was worth something. They gave me a reason to pull through up until this day, 10 years later.

“Hyukjae oppa.”

I turn around to face the person who called me. My eyes take in her absolute beauty and I smile as I see her in the white wedding dress. She looks gorgeous. More than that. There is no word to describe her pure and innocent beauty. I smile with all the love I have for her and gently take her hand.

“Minji..” I then say in reply, pressing a light kiss on the back of her small, feminine hand. She smiles back at me, a smile that reaches her eyes and makes them sparkle like sapphires in a bright ray of sunlight. She then turns away and walks towards her groom, leaving me to stare after her with nothing but the pain of having to let her go.

Life’s a book with blank pages, waiting for us to fill it with a story.

And here I am, writing a fucking happy ending for someone else’s fucking fairytale.

Thanks a lot, Hae.

No comments:

Post a Comment